• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
G4 Presents: Comic-Con '08 - Robotech

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:01 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
There were also questions about the possible release of more Japanese Macross projects, but the panelists said there are still legal issues

Is it just Macross DYRL, or are there still issues with 7, Zero, and Frontier?
TokyoGetter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:10 pm Reply with quote
As far as I know, they're all completely tied up in a bind that prevents them from heading our way. Shame too, because Macross Zero was amazing, Macross Frontier is as gorgeous as it could be so far.

I'm confused about who is in the fight though... HG and BigWest? Anybody want to clarify?
JohnnySake

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:58 am Reply with quote
I sat through this panel waiting for the one after it. It was actually quite interesting to listen to.

You ANN folks should know the moderators gave you all a nice shout out by showing the 20th anniversary cover of your Protoculture magazine on the display screen, which featured Robotech, of course.

Yes, it is still early in the whole Robotech movie process, which partially explained why they can't say much about it yet. Hopefully good things will come out of the Hollywood thing.

The Robotech blu-ray sounded interesting.

Good panel though.
Jih2

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:34 pm Reply with quote
*Sigh* of course, Frontier is selling a ton of copies and stupid R1 license houses can't touch it and I was hoping the sales might change someone wittle heart. Hopefully another country will license and release Frontier with an English sub track.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1