• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Paramount, Brad Pitt License Miki Falls World Manga

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paploo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:33 am Reply with quote
Nice for Mark Crilley [who also did the indy comic Akiko that started out in Japan when he was working there], who probably had a good deal with Harper Collins.....
Arcwave

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:29 am Reply with quote
Hmm, I recently worked as a consultant for Paramount Vantage and briefly caught wind of this a few weeks ago. Very interesting.

Cool
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:32 am Reply with quote
An American graphic novel being adapted by an American company. This I'll tolerate.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
CakeStealer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:19 am Reply with quote
Woah! This is a nice surprise! Smile I always loved Mark Crilley's art tutorials on Youtube, however I've never actually read his manga. However, this is excellent news and I'll defiantly pick it up sometime! Very Happy
Hi no Neko

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:28 pm Reply with quote
However are they going to find a whole cast of actors with eyes small enough, hair haphazard enough, and chins big enough to portray the characters as they're shown in the comic?
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:40 pm Reply with quote
Zin5ki wrote:
An American graphic novel being adapted by an American company. This I'll tolerate.

An American or British graphic novel being adapted by a Japanese company; this you'll tolerate? Very Happy
kirbyboy102

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:50 pm Reply with quote
Hi no Neko wrote:
However are they going to find a whole cast of actors with eyes small enough, hair haphazard enough, and chins big enough to portray the characters as they're shown in the comic?

xD I know, right? The characters have the worst stereotyped faces imaginable! (Asian people, not manga style) It's like... It that face a hammer? Oh, wait, I answered myself, it's not.

The story is great though. Especially the drama.
The Xenos

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:52 am Reply with quote
Well over in the manga thread someone posted about this. They had the inflammatory title "White guy gets comic made into movie, Variety calls it manga". The thread is now closed.

Anyway, I haven't read this, but I've been meaning to read his fantasy comic Akiko for years and just never got around to it. Odd. That story sounds like a much more interesting story, but this later work got picked up first.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1