• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Otakon 2008 - Media Blasters

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:32 am Reply with quote
I'm surprised no one asked them whether or not they were interested in license-rescuing the Ikki Tousen show.
KanonAirHaruhiShuffle

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:53 am Reply with quote
i do hope they bring back the voice actors for Ikki Tousen even though Carrie Savage has been busy lately with Funimation with Shuffle and Wendee Lee with Haruhi Suzumiya and Lucky Star. but i do think Ikki Tousen should just stay with those original voice actors so for people like us who love the series and want it to be the same instead of the voices being all different. i just hope they license the video games also
lord_darkseid

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:22 am Reply with quote
Nothing about Star Musketeer Bismarck? I'm reading on other message boards where the MB rep mentioned it would be released in November.
Faceman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:28 pm Reply with quote
I cannot wait for Genshiken 2. It feels wrong not having it yet.
kyokun703

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:23 pm Reply with quote
lord_darkseid wrote:
Nothing about Star Musketeer Bismarck? I'm reading on other message boards where the MB rep mentioned it would be released in November.

Yeah, I'd love confirmation that MB is doing the sub version and VCI is doing the US release dub version. I was waiting for ANN's report, but they didn't mention it. Sad
MH Knights

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:06 pm Reply with quote
Yay for Maka Maka in '08!
Ki918

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:03 pm Reply with quote
Ugh, more waiting for Genshiken 2. Sad
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:15 pm Reply with quote
kyokun703 wrote:
lord_darkseid wrote:

Yeah, I'd love confirmation that MB is doing the sub version and VCI is doing the US release dub version. I was waiting for ANN's report, but they didn't mention it. Sad

ANN's Chris Macdonald has confirmed with Media Blasters' Meredith Mulroney that she did not announce a November subbed release of Star Musketeer Bismarck. She only mentioned that another company, VCI Entertainment, is releasing the dubbed Saber Rider and the Star Sheriffs version of Bismarck in November. VCI already announced the dubbed Saber Rider DVD release earlier.
omnistry

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:16 pm Reply with quote
The name of the anime is called "Doujin Work," not "Doujin Works." Tiny mistake not really worth mentioning, but I'll say it anyway.
lord_darkseid

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:21 pm Reply with quote
Egan Loo wrote:
ANN's Chris Macdonald has confirmed with Media Blasters' Meredith Mulroney that she did not announce a November subbed release of Star Musketeer Bismarck. She only mentioned that another company, VCI Entertainment, is releasing the dubbed Saber Rider and the Star Sheriffs version of Bismarck in November. VCI already announced the dubbed Saber Rider DVD release earlier.

OK cool. Thanks for the clarification.
kyokun703

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:47 pm Reply with quote
Egan Loo wrote:

Aww, bummer. Oh well, thanks for clearing that up for us!
Shin ATproof

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:56 am Reply with quote
"The Gaogaigar dub was canceled due to poor performance of volume 1. "

So what does this mean? The second boxset will only have some episodes dubbed?

If GaGaGa sold bad, my hopes (and hopes of other fans of this series) of seeing Final or FinalGGG are pretty much crushed.
lord_darkseid

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:33 am Reply with quote
No, it means they're releasing all the remaining episodes sub only, hence the second box set coming soon. I did read somewhere (have to dig) that a question on Gaogaigar Final was asked but it hadn't been licensed yet and that if interested, people should write to John Sirabella and ask for it (papraphrasing here, but this was the gist of it).
interestedno

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:50 pm Reply with quote
MH Knights wrote:
Yay for Maka Maka in '08!

I totally agree! I cannot wait!
Shin ATproof

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:01 pm Reply with quote
lord_darkseid wrote:
No, it means they're releasing all the remaining episodes sub only, hence the second box set coming soon. I did read somewhere (have to dig) that a question on Gaogaigar Final was asked but it hadn't been licensed yet and that if interested, people should write to John Sirabella and ask for it (papraphrasing here, but this was the gist of it).

Oh?
The reason I asked is because most(all?) online stores note the second boxset to have two audio tracks, English and Japanese with Subtitles.

Also its been my experience and insider info over the years that any "ask _____" response to a question like that means "No way are we considering it." So yeah, no Final or FinalGGG in the U.S., at least not from Mediablasters.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2