• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New ADV Acquisitions

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cassandra

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 4:50 pm Reply with quote
OK...stupid question time. Does anyone know what the difference is between Hello Kitty Sanrio Paradise and Hello Kitty Paradise? (Other than the fact that Sanrio Paradise was just announced and Paradise has been out on DVD for awhile.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
lianncoop
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 7:29 pm Reply with quote
There's a difference?
Cassandra

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 8:22 pm Reply with quote
lianncoop wrote:
There's a difference?

That's my question Wink I'm wondering why they would be announcing a license to something that they already have out on DVD. (My daughter is a big Hello Kitty fan so we own all the ADV DVDs that are out...we'd own the Fox Family ones too, but the quality is extremely crappy.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
lianncoop
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 8:29 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I tried looking it up, and I don't think there IS a difference. I don't know why they would be announcing something they already had. I commend you for managing to sit through the Hello Kitty dvds, they are quite painful to watch if you're not like 3 years old.
Bishop

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 3:23 am Reply with quote
The news of the Getbackers license finally making it to the US is pretty awesome....love the manga and the GBA games.
lianncoop
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 3:28 am Reply with quote
Yeah, Getbackers is a great show. I figured the anime wouldn't be too far behind since the manga just came out.
CorneredAngel

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 9:00 am Reply with quote
...though, and I don't even know if such an argument is valid anymore, I'd never have expected ADV to pick it up. Had my money on Geneon, just in terms of the kind of show GB is, and because of the fact that they got their hands on most of the rest of the 2003-04 <A href="http://www.geneon-ent.co.jp/rondorobe/anime/index.html">Rondo Robe</A> line...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
absolutezero

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 1:43 pm Reply with quote
Gatbackers reminds me alot of L/R which is why I also thought that geneon would snap it up.

I was also hoping that either Bandai or Geneon would get Mezzo TV, but im not all that bothered as long as there is a really fast turnover time Very Happy
Iron Chef

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 3:08 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I'm pretty stoked for Mezzo to hurry up and get stateside. The eps I've seen so far have been awesome!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Cassandra

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 5:27 pm Reply with quote
lianncoop wrote:
Yeah, I tried looking it up, and I don't think there IS a difference. I don't know why they would be announcing something they already had. I commend you for managing to sit through the Hello Kitty dvds, they are quite painful to watch if you're not like 3 years old.

It's actually not all that bad. They're pretty good shows. They only get annoying after watching them 10 times.
dlw
Company Representative

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 4:23 pm Reply with quote
The problem here is that they got the name wrong in their news post. The title is Hello Kitty Sanrio WORLD, not Paradise. This is a different series than Hello Kitty Paradise.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 1:07 am Reply with quote
dlw wrote:
The problem here is that they got the name wrong in their news post. The title is Hello Kitty Sanrio WORLD, not Paradise. This is a different series than Hello Kitty Paradise.

Ooops ^.^;

I actually called you guys today to get the three titles confirmed, along with the manga titles (which we didn't post because they were read too fast for us to catch on site), but I didn't get an answer yet.
Animefan16

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 6:13 pm Reply with quote
Thank god adv licensed Getbackers. I can probably watch it in The Anime Network when it comes out because some of the the dvds of the shows there were just released.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1