• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
iTunes and ANNtv Podcast Subscription

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
icepick314

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:53 am Reply with quote
I've been using iTunes to subscribe to ANNtv since the beginning.

It's been working great so far where new episodes show up whenever ANNtv makes new ones.

But for some reason last 2 episodes did not show up in iTunes. I've been to iTunes Store to search it manually but last episode to list is "AX08 Cosplay Bliss".

Does anyone else with iTunes have this problem?

Thanks.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Thinman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:47 pm Reply with quote
icepick314 wrote:
Does anyone else with iTunes have this problem?

Unfortunately, yes. Maybe there is a change in the iTunes distribution settings from global to US-only?
flip
Protoculture Addicts Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:14 am Reply with quote
Thinman wrote:
Unfortunately, yes. Maybe there is a change in the iTunes distribution settings from global to US-only?

I don't think it has anything to do with iTunes. I subscribed to the podcast “manually” way before ANNtv was available on iTunes and lately I haven't been able to download the last two podcast...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:05 pm Reply with quote
We've stopped offering ANNtv on iTunes. Every single iTunes download costs us money (bandwidth) and earns us none (no web ads, no video ads).

So we've discontinued the iTunes version in favor of the web version, through which we won't go bankrupt.

Also, for copyright reasons, we don't always have permission to make downloads available for some of the content we sometimes include. This hasn't been a major issue yet, but it remains a potential issue.

If we could get someone to sponsor the iTunes version, we'd definitely put it back for the episodes where we're allowed.

-t
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1