• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
General Questions / Identifying Anime.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:21 pm Reply with quote
While I also am reminded of Tsuruya, the doll resembles her only in the sense that they both have long green hair. The doll unquestionably matches Yoko and Nia's appearances by clothing, accessories, and hair style.
cantfindwater

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:21 pm Reply with quote
@jetz: that's right, thank you very much, this was really bothering me.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:06 pm Reply with quote
Quick questions in reguards to Kimi ga Nozomu Eien: Next Season. Is there actually a 4th episode or possibly more on the way as ANN suggests with it's entry? If so, anyone know whenabouts we can expect it? So far it's come out pretty randomly since it's an oVA release on DVD but we had dates for the first 3 discs.

Lets just say the 3rd episode is NOT a good place to end a show.
flyingm

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:24 am Reply with quote
Wondering if you guys could help me with this movie.

I saw it on the sci-fi channel when they showed anime on the weekend. It might have been from the 80's or 90's.

It goes like this:
The human race is comprised only of women and they're all in space. They maybe a war between two fleets or something, I don't remember. It focuses on one particular spaceship and it's crew.
spoiler[Some kind of blob-ish monster or alien gets aboard and causes all sorts of trouble. It ends up swallowing one of the crew which results in her becoming pregnant. ]
Then either the crew spoiler[ or just one girl and the baby escape the spaceship and land on an unknown planet. It turns out that that baby becomes the first man. Then we can assume the girl and the guy get it on and make more babies. Then it skips forward to modern times showing the planet populated by men and women, which might be earth.] The end.

It was one of the first anime I watched and I've been trying to figure out what it was for so long. If anybody knows I would appreciate it.
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:54 am Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
Quick questions in reguards to Kimi ga Nozomu Eien: Next Season. Is there actually a 4th episode or possibly more on the way as ANN suggests with it's entry? If so, anyone know whenabouts we can expect it? So far it's come out pretty randomly since it's an oVA release on DVD but we had dates for the first 3 discs.

I don't believe we know how long the Next Season series is going to go on. And we also never know when a new episode is going to be released, because we haven't for the first three episodes, they just sort of appeared (at very least, I know that the fansubbers didn't know when 3 was coming until it was out).

I am fairly certain that episode 3 is not the end, especially since I believe this ending is supposed to have spoiler[Takayuki actually end up with Haruka, instead of Mitsuki.]
samuraiwalt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:10 am Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:

I'll take a guess and say next month since they seem to be coming out every 3 months.

Releases:
2007-12-21 (Japan DVD 1)
2008-03-25 (Japan DVD 2)
2008-06-25 (Japan DVD 3)

DVD第3巻の情報を更新しました。

DVD第2巻の情報を更新しました。

DVD第1巻のPVを好評配信中です。
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:31 pm Reply with quote
flyingm wrote:
Wondering if you guys could help me with this movie.

I saw it on the sci-fi channel when they showed anime on the weekend. It might have been from the 80's or 90's.

It goes like this:
The human race is comprised only of women and they're all in space. They maybe a war between two fleets or something, I don't remember. It focuses on one particular spaceship and it's crew.
spoiler[Some kind of blob-ish monster or alien gets aboard and causes all sorts of trouble.] ...

It might be Gall Force? Check out the review on that page and also this and this to see if it jogs the memory.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
zaelkain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:23 pm Reply with quote
hello, i need help identifying this anime, does anyone recognize it ? don't know much about it, just have these pics, thanks.

Kruszer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:02 pm Reply with quote
marie-antoinette wrote:
Kruszer wrote:

I don't believe we know how long the Next Season series is going to go on. And we also never know when a new episode is going to be released, because we haven't for the first three episodes, they just sort of appeared (at very least, I know that the fansubbers didn't know when 3 was coming until it was out).

I am fairly certain that episode 3 is not the end, especially since I believe this ending is supposed to have spoiler[Takayuki actually end up with Haruka, instead of Mitsuki.]

That was also my understanding that this was to be spoiler[an alternate end] Okay thanks to those who responded.
flyingm

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:42 pm Reply with quote
Dargonxtc wrote:
It might be Gall Force? Check out the review on that page and also this and this to see if it jogs the memory.

Yes! Haha, I enjoyed this so much when I saw it but it really sounds pretty awful. I thought my memory was just bad but it turns out the movie really was all over the place. I had no idea it was any kind of franchise. But I still remember those sci-fi weekends fondly, that introduced me to anime.

Thanks a lot Dargonxtc, makes me feel very nostalgic.
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:39 pm Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
That was also my understanding that this was to be spoiler[an alternate end] Okay thanks to those who responded.

Yeah, it definitely is that. I just am not entirely sure about what the alternate ending will be, since so far spoiler[Haruka's done a pretty good job of ending the relationship.]

What I'm really hoping that we get somewhere is spoiler[a scene with Haruka and Mitsuki, after Haruka knows everything that happened.] Ideally I would have liked it in the original series, but I'll take what I can get here.
v1cious

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:41 am Reply with quote
does anyone know who these two mecha are?

Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:34 pm Reply with quote
I don't remember his name, but the blue one on the lower left is from This Ugly Yet Beautiful World. Technically, he's not a mech, and he's not quite a robot either.

Ioneous. That's it.
Gizi

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:54 pm Reply with quote
Ok I have read and read to where I'm getting confused so I decided to finally post. I have looked all over the internet I've tried every word I could use in search engines but I can't seem to find the anime that I am looking for. It aired a few years ago in Japan on Animax the year I think was around 2002 through 2004 one of those 3 years. The time it showed was around 5:00. And in the credits the names I think were either Chinese or Korean. The cg was very good too and I mean really good but not where the show was real human like.

The story is about a princess who's father gets killed and she sees it all happen, she then escapes with her robot guard (who is one of a kind) and somehow (I missed this episode) to keep her from being discovered she turns into a child (I think it has somthing to do with a time machine) she meets up with a boy about her now child age and they fight each other now and then but end up helping each other. Another robot joins them but I do not remember if it is the boy's or someone elses. There is a tournament where the robots fight against each other and they enter. Now I did not get to see this whole show because of school back then so I do not know if she is trying to deafeat the man who killed her father or somehow go back in time again to stop it from happening. There is also something special about the princess and the robot (If my memory is correct).

This show was really good in my opinion and I would love to watch it again if only I could find the name. If this sounds familiar even a little bit it would help me out a ton. Or if there was something I missed (meaning a good site to look for old anime) please tell me.
Akeaka

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:35 am Reply with quote
I'm trying to figure out who this is, any one have any ideas?
Saw another picture of her somewhere. She has long black hair (just past shoulder length, i think) Wears blue (cloth?) bracers, a blue robe/elongated tunic, wears a gold necklace, and has a brown dog with a very short tail.

Any one have any idea? I'd very much like to figure out who she is!
Thanks,
-Akeaka
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 144 of 569