• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 11 Manga Titles in August's Top 20 U.S. Graphic Novels

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grico

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:03 am Reply with quote
I have to say I have been surprised by Rosario + Vampire's strength in these rankings. I am personally buying it but didn't really anticipate it would be a top seller. I wonder what exactly is distinguishing it so much from the rest of the manga flock.
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:37 am Reply with quote
I agree, Rosario + Vampire isn't a title I would have expected to see up so high, especially not above the Fruits Basket volume. I'm also surprised to see Kitchen Princess on the list. The rest isn't too surprising, except maybe seeing V for Vendetta get back on the list, though with the Watchman movie about to come out all of Alan Moore's titles are probably getting at least a bit of a boost.
kirbyboy102

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:45 pm Reply with quote
:O Score for shojo! Kitchen Princess makes it at number 15!

And anothers SCORE for OEL! Despite the atrocious male face structure, That book deserved to be there.
suna_suna

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:34 pm Reply with quote
marie-antoinette wrote:
I agree, Rosario + Vampire isn't a title I would have expected to see up so high, especially not above the Fruits Basket volume. I'm also surprised to see Kitchen Princess on the list. The rest isn't too surprising, except maybe seeing V for Vendetta get back on the list, though with the Watchman movie about to come out all of Alan Moore's titles are probably getting at least a bit of a boost.

well it is for August, and i assume Rosario + Vampire volume 2 just came out. Fruits Basket volume 20 came out in July.
Josh7289

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:05 pm Reply with quote
What? Why was Death Note volume 1 on the charts?

I was going to say it might be this:

http://www.amazon.com/Death-Note-Vol-Collectors/dp/1421525771/ref=pd_bbs_sr_4?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1220673864&sr=8-4

But that's not even out yet...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1