• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: IATV Acquires Tokyopop Anime Titles, Other Programming

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:35 pm Reply with quote
I just hope in the heat of all this acquisition that iaTV desides to save Orguss, Cat's Eye and Remi. It can't be horribly expensive to burn some discs for us, no? Screw Titlematch, they were sketchy anyway, find someone else or a way to do it yourself.

As far as the Tokyopop deal, I think only good things can come of it. I mean the network gets three new shows and TP gets an outlet for some of there talent.

Perhaps the only down side... hmm nevermind.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mylene

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:45 pm Reply with quote
Dargonxtc wrote:
I just hope in the heat of all this acquisition that iaTV desides to save Orguss, Cat's Eye and Remi. It can't be horribly expensive to burn some discs for us, no? Screw Titlematch, they were sketchy anyway, find someone else or a way to do it yourself.

That's my hope too. I've been so busy trying to get OOP stuff from Geneon and other old titles, like Maison Ikoku that shows that I was interested in but didn't feel any sense of urgency got put off, and now aren't available. Sad Major bummer, I was particularly interested in Remi and Cat's Eye.
Daimao Raki

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:23 pm Reply with quote
This would be nice if I got IATV. They need to work on getting the network out there....
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:53 pm Reply with quote
Daimao Raki wrote:
This would be nice if I got IATV. They need to work on getting the network out there....

Yeup.

Though (*holds out hands to show no umbrella*) that last sentance about the advertising aspect of the deal makes me think the reorganization is not going so well as we would hope. Those are some (generally) major assets to be shopping out for others to handle for branding sales.
Dynamo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:09 am Reply with quote
I hope that iaTV doesn't leave "Cat's Eye" hanging and goes ahead and licenses the second season. I enjoyed and became a fan of CE upon watching iaTV's latest late-night run of it (unfortunately I got in at Episode 13). They've taken the show off the air since it finished its latest run, and they had already taken Orguss and Remi off quite a while before. Looks like they gave all three quite a number of runs which I unfortunately took for granted.
SolidMGSNake

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:59 am Reply with quote
So I was watching Initial D on iatv and its the english soundtrack which is awful. Man lame =[ THey better change it!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1