• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Gallery - Hans Tseng

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Moomintroll

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:57 am Reply with quote
Quote:
There are those artists that think that the only road to true success lies through some kind of major publishing house: Tokyopop, Seven Seas, Aurora, and so forth.

Shocked Tokyopop, Seven Seas and Aurora are "major publishers"?
Senna

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:15 pm Reply with quote
So excited to see Hans Tseng featured here Very Happy I've been a fan of his since I started reading the first incarnation of Directions of Destiny online several years back (now I own a copy of volume 1). Lovely art, and the story/characters are all very appealing as well. I can't wait to read more Anime smile
kittytreats

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:26 pm Reply with quote
Good article! I love reading these type of interviews. I discovered Han's artwork when he was in Tokyopop's vol. 1 The Raising Stars of Manga where he did a story of the Little Match Girl. It's neat to look back at that work and see how much he's improved now with his new comic.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
belvadeer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:37 pm Reply with quote
Oh awesome, I met him at Anime L.A. and bought his manga too Very Happy
BleuVII

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:05 am Reply with quote
Well, I read the first chapter of DoD, and I like it so far. I'll read more later when I have more time. One thing I like is that he didn't use the "Anime Ace"/"Wild Words" font that is the manga standard font! I hate it with a passion, and it's good to see a self-published work that doesn't use it. Hans Tseng, you may make a doujin fan out of me yet.
Jariten
Company Representative

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:59 pm Reply with quote
Moomintroll wrote:

Shocked Tokyopop, Seven Seas and Aurora are "major publishers"?

... yeah, I gotta give you that one. I'll be less generous with the words I use next time. Very Happy

-EM
KurobaX

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:29 pm Reply with quote
Haaaah---! (O___________________O) It is Hans Tseng! Where did this artist go?! I was an avid follower of his Slim Mansion website several years ago and read the beginnings of Directions of Destiny (before re-editing, etc.)...But since the lapse in between updates, the work was lost somewhere amongst my "to-read" piles.

So it is with much surprise to find Hans Tseng mentioned on Anime News Network. Thank you Hans Tseng for continuing your work! Good luck for the future, and we hope to see you again very soon!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1