• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Click - September 13th - 19th

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eviltimes

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:26 am Reply with quote
Moribito and my DVR have an appointment with destiny...
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:39 pm Reply with quote
Naruto fillers are nearing their end, slowly but surely. Almost over, almost over, almost over... Anime exclamation C'mooooooon Shippuden (I've stuck to my proverbial guns on this one and my resolve to not watch the show illegally has weakened but remains nonetheless!)

Bleach, you are another story, sadly. But I shall hold out hope. And wth, Adult Swim? Why the sudden ragging on Geass? It's shaping up to be a truly entertaining mecha series, with only the bare minimum of "go die in a fire" characters. Why all the uncalled for hate? Crying or Very sad
Julia-the-Great

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:57 pm Reply with quote
Adult Swim, you make a fangirl cry. Sad
RogueJedi86

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:58 pm Reply with quote
When does Naruto Part 2(Shippuuden or whatever is long to type) start? I know we're getting close with the late 190's, but I don't know for sure when Part 2 starts.

And yes, 5am does not please we the loyal fans of AS Anime.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MagusGuardian

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:00 pm Reply with quote
RogueJedi86 wrote:
When does Naruto Part 2(Shippuuden or whatever is long to type) start? I know we're getting close with the late 190's, but I don't know for sure when Part 2 starts.

And yes, 5am does not please we the loyal fans of AS Anime.
you can say that again, seriously if they're that anal about airing anime why do they bother. to me it seems they get more of a laugh out of f#*@king with the fans then trying to attract more
Josh7289

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:15 pm Reply with quote
And Bleach is now at... 11? So I watch Naruto and Bleach, sleep for 5 hours, then watch Code Geass and Moribito then sleep some more... OK...

Man, this is going to be annoying...

Also, the last Naruto filler is episode 220, though episode 220's obviously going to have some canon material to finish the series up before Shippuuden.

And don't expect Shippuuden to just start right after the fillers end... They're not even done dubbing all of the filler episodes yet, after all. =/
Fiction Alchemist

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:33 pm Reply with quote
Deleted.

Last edited by Fiction Alchemist on Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
Primus

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:52 pm Reply with quote
While in Canada Naruto fillers should end in 2010 by the time the Olympics start if this pace continues, that is if YTV doesn't can Naruto.

Gosh, I hope Viz didn't dub more then 26 episodes of Blue Dragon, or we'll be in hell for a while in Canada with the only show to possibly end before 2009 being Zatch Bell due to Viz.

Honestly, I'd rather have Code Geass, and Moribito airing at 5AM then not having them air in your country at all.
Selkie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:59 pm Reply with quote
I have never actually seen Now and Then, Here and There airing on Tuesdays. However, last week, I discovered that it was on Monday at 12:00 and 12:30. So, I'm wondering if Sci-fi changed the programing and forgot to note it on their schedule?
Josh7289

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:06 pm Reply with quote
Selkie wrote:
I have never actually seen Now and Then, Here and There airing on Tuesdays. However, last week, I discovered that it was on Monday at 12:00 and 12:30. So, I'm wondering if Sci-fi changed the programing and forgot to note it on their schedule?

It's technically on Tuesdays at 12:00 AM and 12:30 AM, but effectively, it's on Monday nights.
driverstart

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:40 pm Reply with quote
Ugh... another freakin' time slot change by Adult Swim. The only real slot change that I ever like was when Innyusha appeared for a full hour on Saturdays. I had never seen the show so it was nice to see it. The only part that I like about this change is that I can finally see Fullmetal Alchemist for the first time. Other than that, this is horrible. I hate having to set up my DVD/VHS to tape the show, I just usually wait until it comes on, start to tape it, and go to sleep just to make sure it works. But now... I am certainly not going to stay up that late just to make sure I get it taped, so I'll just had to set it up so it tapes then.

With all of these constant time changes, it seems like the only show I don't have a problem keeping up with is Gurren Lagann. I wish Adult Swim was like Sci-Fi Channel. Sci-Fi never seems to mess with the timeslots (Though, I've only started watching anime on that channel when Gurren Lagann appeared) and they don't seem to switch shows out with other shows, besides that Street Fighter movie they aired a while back.
v1cious

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:36 pm Reply with quote
i can't wait to see the dub of Gurren Lagann 11. this will be the episode that makes or breaks Yuri Lowenthal.
Josh7289

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:30 pm Reply with quote
driverstart wrote:
With all of these constant time changes, it seems like the only show I don't have a problem keeping up with is Gurren Lagann. I wish Adult Swim was like Sci-Fi Channel. Sci-Fi never seems to mess with the timeslots (Though, I've only started watching anime on that channel when Gurren Lagann appeared) and they don't seem to switch shows out with other shows, besides that Street Fighter movie they aired a while back.

They also preempted Gurren Lagann and Now and Then, Here and There with the Read or Die OVA the week before they preempted them with that Street Fighter movie.

But that was just because the dub of Gurren Lagann had to catch up...We're getting two new episode per week and it's a new dub, after all, so it's nothing to really complain about.

I think if you check SciFi's schedule, there is at least one more preemption of their regular Monday night anime coming up soon...
the Rancorous

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:45 pm Reply with quote
article wrote:
but Moribito has been on the air all of three weeks, with nary a hint of promotion or even a recognition that it was even airing.

now that he mentions it, I didn't even know that Moribito existed until the first episode aired. Rolling Eyes I was thinking about waking up an hour earlier than I usually have to for work to watch those two, but I think I'm officially done with AS and will just wait for the DVDs to come out instead of letting AS steal my valuable sleep time.

Honestly, I wasn't digging Gurren Lagaan too much, but last Mondays' episodes really grabbed my attention. The introduction of new characters tends to be a weakness of mine Embarassed .
LuckySeven

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:46 pm Reply with quote
With regards to adult swim. I find it funny that they whine and complain that we (the fans) don't watch their anime. Yet they don't promote it in the least, and they never stick with a schedule for more than a month at the best. Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3