• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yomigaeru Sora TV Anime Series Gets Live-Action Film

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kougeru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:02 pm Reply with quote
with real military vehicles, this sounds pretty cool
Raptor Red

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:50 pm Reply with quote
I'm not sure about this. Even though I haven't seen the anime, but I have seen Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla, which was directed by Masaaki Tezuka of course. I thought GAM was one of the most boring Godzilla films in terms of character development and action. Mechagodzilla (he's called Kiryu in the movie) has been pussified, unlike his previous versions. However, he did a good job with Godzilla vs. Megaguirus and Godzilla: Tokyo S.O.S.. Aside from my rant there (being a Godzilla fan and all), I think Tezuka might do a better job with this film, but it's uncertain in how it will turn out. I'll have to check out the anime sometime.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime
GeneralArrow

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:07 am Reply with quote
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is such an underated movie...and when I say movie I mean it, it just doesn't feel like an anime. The series is pretty flawless for its genre. Can't wait for the live action to come out.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:50 am Reply with quote
Well, I'll admit I've never heard of this series. Perhaps this news might bring about some useful discussion by those who have however. Its ratings don't seem too bad.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1