• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
New York Anime Festival 2008 - Bandai Entertainment

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sakura Shinguji

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:11 pm Reply with quote
"And, in a new announcement, Honneamise is proud to announce that on February 24, Bandai Entertainment will bring-out a Blu-Ray edition of one of the most iconic and influential anime of all time. This will be priced at US$49.98, compared to the same day's 8,190 yen Japanese price."

This... is in reference to Akira, right? Or something else?
Kiyoko

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:18 pm Reply with quote
I was kinda hoping for any sort of announcement for the Gundam 00 DVD's. It's kind of odd the series is coming out on TV and there's not one single word on when the DVD's will be out.

Ah well. Confused
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
braves

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:18 pm Reply with quote
Sakura Shinguji wrote:
This... is in reference to Akira, right? Or something else?

Yes, it's referring to Akira.

Mikhail Koulikov wrote:
Napton then talked about Code Geass, which Bandai is continuing to place on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim. The second half of the series will begin airing on Adult Swim starting next month.

Nice to know that it's still going to be on, considering recent events with the schedule.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
JohnnySake

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:26 pm Reply with quote
Thank goodness for the news of sola and True Tears in reasonably priced box sets.

It's enough to make me cry true tears of joy. Wink

But seriously, going from single dvd's of two or three episodes (from the Bandai Visual days) to the entire collected edition for practically the same price, that's a big step in the right direction!
Panda Man

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:27 pm Reply with quote
JohnnySake wrote:
Thank goodness for the news of sola and True Tears in reasonably priced box sets.

It's enough to make me cry true tears of joy. Wink

But seriously, going from single dvd's of two or three episodes (from the Bandai Visual days) to the entire collected edition for practically the same price, that's a big step in the right direction!

I know, when I read Honneamise lost the rights, and Bandai Entertainment got them, I was really happy. I didn't really mind spending a high amount for them, but this is much better. Plus, all at once makes it so much better.
Emerje

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:56 pm Reply with quote
So Gurren Lagann dub DVDs hit in November, That's good to hear, I thought we were going to be waiting until January for those.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Who Is This Guy!?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:10 am Reply with quote
What the hell is the point of continuing to place Geass on AS? It's already on the against a hair trigger.

Sci-Fi all the way, says I.
Saiki_Thorn

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:44 pm Reply with quote
Who Is This Guy!? wrote:
What the hell is the point of continuing to place Geass on AS? It's already on the against a hair trigger.

I could not agree with you anymore. I wish they could pull it from AS, re-air the first season, and then show the second season. I think the anime could get more appreciated on Sci-Fi.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Greed1914

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:10 am Reply with quote
Who Is This Guy!? wrote:

The point is a little thing called a contract. Breaching it would probably cause more problems than benefits if they switched to Sci-Fi. Even if it would be better than the crappy treatment it's getting now for viewers, for the companies it would be a problem. Hence why I won't get my hopes up.
Emerje

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:49 am Reply with quote
I agree and I believe it goes both ways. Years ago when Adult Swim ended at 5am that 5-6am block was traditionally the Cartoon Network anime graveyard. Shows like Gundam Seed, .hack, YuYu Hakusho and others would find themselves there as sort of a last resort, likely because they were under contract to air them and therefore stuck them in the lowest rated slot they had. Looks like Adult Swim decided to continue that tradition. I'm kinda surprised they haven't moved them to weekdays just to blow through them and replace them with more Inuyasha.

Kinda funny though, when I was a little kid in the 80s I would set my alarm clock for 5am so I could get up and watch Transformers and G.I.Joe (half awake) before school. If I was a kid now I'd probably do the same thing with the AS 5am block.

Emerje
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:28 am Reply with quote
I am just glad Bandai licensed Lucky Star. I really enjoy that series, despite the fact episode six was slightly unexpected. I am also glad Netflix carries this series as well.

Great news as always Bandai, hopefully there will be more licensed comedy series in the future.
jr240483

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:14 am Reply with quote
Definately looking forward to the gurren lagann manga. Also don't hold your breath on CG moving to sci-fi.Not gonna happen.Cause unlike toonami,AS ain't going anywhere anytime soon which means series like CG will be showing on AS which is a good thing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1