• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Bleach DVD 12

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
braves

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:23 am Reply with quote
Carl Kimlinger wrote:
...and far too much dialogue that ends in “...”

Heh heh, nice to see that I wasn't the only one who was bothered by that. Laughing

Yeah, I'd never collect Bleach in singles. It's just too long a series for that, so I'm content with waiting a little longer for the box sets. Not to mention that some discs may be weaker/stronger than others and series like this one tend to drag so it's better to marathon it.

I didn't think the Rukia Flashback was that bad, just predictable....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Pippin4242

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:40 am Reply with quote
Hn... it's certainly not that I think Bleach is perfect, and particularly not in its anime incarnation, but 'Rukia's Nightmare' is actually my favourite episode. It explains a lot about the way that people have been acting, right from the start - Kuukaku's brashness, Ganju's hatred of Soul Reapers, why Byakuya spared Ichigo in Karakura, Rukia's terror when Ichigo fought Grand Fisher, as well as the fact that she was able to hold back from helping him; it even helps, later, to make sense of the Aizen plot. I... genuinely enjoyed it. I can't say it was the crowning moment of the series, but I've always viewed it as, at the very least, a rough diamond.

*~Pips~*
kaizen-dono

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:11 pm Reply with quote
Pippin4242 wrote:
I've got the wrong end of the stick.

I beleive its the childhood flashback episode that people are referring to. I was a bit confused when reading the review too Razz.

I'll have to agree with braves if I watch a show like this I watch the whole story arc. Ill be getting the Box's as well.
Pippin4242

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:19 pm Reply with quote
kaizen-dono wrote:
Pippin4242 wrote:

I beleive its the childhood flashback episode that people are referring to. I was a bit confused when reading the review too Razz.

I'll have to agree with braves if I watch a show like this I watch the whole story arc. Ill be getting the Box's as well.

AHA! Well, I thought that one was pretty damned cute, but I only watched it once, unlike the episode I was talking about. ^^;

Thanks!

*~Pips~*
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:09 pm Reply with quote
kaizen-dono wrote:
Pippin4242 wrote:

No, she's very clear that it's the Rukia flashback she doesn't like:
"That is, with the exception of the Rukia episode." etc. that whol paragraph.

So... not being a senseless string of fights and training sequences and trying to put in some (even if ham-handed) character development makes it bad?? I don't get it...
kaizen-dono

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:20 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Rukia is lolling about it prison, remembering the death of Ganju's elder brother and generally wallowing in misery.

Ho well I'll try to pay a little more attention next time (maybe read the whole review Rolling Eyes ).
I really liked that episode and given the amount of foreshadowing it gets I think it was necessary. The great thing about that ep for me is simply that a character spoiler[actually dies. In bleach a charcter DIES] it just sounds ridiculous these days.
jr240483

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:26 am Reply with quote
Well I had no problem with the flashbacks.They have to follow the manga to the letter after all.But of course everyone will be looking forward to season 3.Especially when Ichigo's inner hollow comes to play on to one arrogant noble.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1