• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gonzo to Stream Linebarrels of Iron on Crunchyroll Today

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LordPrometheus

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:03 pm Reply with quote
Wow. This is a pretty amazing step for a Japanese company to take. I really don't like Crunchyroll for their role in internet anime piracy, but I have to applaud the forward thinking of Gonzo on this one, to stream it literally hours after it broadcasts. I may just have to check this out.
Labbes

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:10 pm Reply with quote
LordPrometheus wrote:
Wow. This is a pretty amazing step for a Japanese company to take. I really don't like Crunchyroll for their role in internet anime piracy, but I have to applaud the forward thinking of Gonzo on this one, to stream it literally hours after it broadcasts. I may just have to check this out.

They did the same thing with Tower of Druaga, Blassreiter and Strike Witches, but I can only recommend Tower of Druaga out of these 3.
samuelp
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:21 pm Reply with quote
Linebarrels is Gonzo's "A" title right now, it's their big one. Them putting it out on CR simultaneously is a big step. (Or maybe a desperate move...)

Who knows if it's any good, but I guess we'll find out. Any word on BOST or youtube?
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:34 pm Reply with quote
samuelp wrote:
Linebarrels is Gonzo's "A" title right now, it's their big one. Them putting it out on CR simultaneously is a big step. (Or maybe a desperate move...)

Who knows if it's any good, but I guess we'll find out. Any word on BOST or youtube?

It's not desperate or daring at all, it's the same they've been doing with their other shows, they figure it's just the best way to get their shows out there legally and faster, which is a progressive and western way of thinking that the other japanese anime companies don't possess.
Daimao Raki

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:43 pm Reply with quote
Gonna be hard the fansubbers to justify putting up this title when Gonzo has it two hours after its debut in Japan.
Tofusensei

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:58 pm Reply with quote
Have you guys not been paying attention to what's been going on with the other Gonzo titles this year? You're acting like this is unprecedented... In fact, 2 hours after airing is 2 hours slower than the other titles they did this for.

-Tofu
zaeris

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:00 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Gonna be hard the fansubbers to justify putting up this title when Gonzo has it two hours after its debut in Japan.

thats easy, they have no justification... what you will see are Rips from streams or sub rips either way it just plain pirating.
LordPrometheus

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:01 pm Reply with quote
Tofusensei wrote:
Have you guys not been paying attention to what's been going on with the other Gonzo titles this year? You're acting like this is unprecedented... In fact, 2 hours after airing is 2 hours slower than the other titles they did this for.

-Tofu

Nope, I guess not. This was the first I'd heard of nearly simultaneous airings. *shrugs* It's still pretty cool, either way.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:02 pm Reply with quote
Good old Crunchyroll, this is one site that constantly takes money away from the members and states that their own doing this for the fans.

After I offically quit Crunchyroll and deleted my account, I wondered if Crunchyroll would clean up their act. This information proves they hadn't.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:21 pm Reply with quote
Daimao Raki wrote:

Yes it is, so we just rip this instead. Though, we've still noticed errors in these "official" releases as well, and the quality is usually awful.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:28 pm Reply with quote
yes that good news
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:05 pm Reply with quote
Makes me happy. Still hoping one day other titles, bleach or naruto gets the crunchy nod. I want to see this show, but those are the real money makers.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Amiantos

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:08 pm Reply with quote
GONZO made a mistake if it's only CR stream and not a dl like BOST as only a niche will actually watch streamed. CR I've tried before and it was god awful in every aspect. Video and sound was complete shit unless you were a pay member which paying them is only to their own profit.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:13 pm Reply with quote
britannicamoore wrote:
Makes me happy. Still hoping one day other titles, bleach or naruto gets the crunchy nod. I want to see this show, but those are the real money makers.

You won't, because like I said, GONZO is basically the only studio with a progressive thought process, instead of the usual xenophobic and reactionary Japanese one, which is why titles usually take 2 years to get here.
Tofusensei

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:42 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
After I offically quit Crunchyroll and deleted my account, I wondered if Crunchyroll would clean up their act. This information proves they hadn't.

How is being a legit, authorized distributor for a show make them evil? I'm confused.

-Tofu
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3