• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tokyopop Expands to Germany

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zeiram

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 3:14 pm Reply with quote
Ah that's Frogging Brilliant! (woo Bono got away with that er line! haha, not that I care)

I know what they are doing and it is world domination!! hahaha

They are going to every country importing and exporting these manga, also inspiring new works! Theya re also doing naimation and now novels. There's no stopping them! I love them! x_X lmao

Self expression through the arts is a beautiful thing ^^
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 4:27 pm Reply with quote
Good luck to them. I hear that Germany already has a booming business in selling manga there, and I think most of their titles are also liscensed there. I've also heard that German manga translations, are for the most part, horrible.
novem

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 4:38 pm Reply with quote
I've always thought the German translations were decent, certainly not much worse than the English ones.
I'm looking forward to Tokyopop Germany, maybe I'll finally be able to get some series not out over there yet for a decent price! Jo Kaps will surely do a great job, but I can see this being not so good for Carlsen, the company he recently left. Ah well, as long as someone releases good manga.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
sun007

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 1:41 am Reply with quote
Zeiram wrote:
Ah that's Frogging Brilliant! (woo Bono got away with that er line! haha, not that I care)

I know what they are doing and it is world domination!! hahaha

They are going to every country importing and exporting these manga, also inspiring new works! Theya re also doing naimation and now novels. There's no stopping them! I love them! x_X lmao

Self expression through the arts is a beautiful thing ^^

Haha, that's pretty funny. Still, I wish Tokyopop Germany good fortune! May they sell a lot of manga and as Zeiram said, take over the world!!! Twisted Evil
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1