• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Final Fantasy Games' Uematsu to Score Guin Saga Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Myaow

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:45 am Reply with quote
Uematsu also scored (or co-scored, I think) the Oh My Goddess! movie, if I do recall, so this isn't quite his very first.
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:11 am Reply with quote
Myaow wrote:
Uematsu also scored (or co-scored, I think) the Oh My Goddess! movie, if I do recall, so this isn't quite his very first.

Uematsu composed one theme song for Ah! My Goddess: The Movie, and his music gets into other works such as the Blue Dragon anime and Final Fantasy: Unlimited. However, as the Mainichi Shimbun paper notes, Guin Saga is the first anime in which he is actually in charge of the soundtrack.
BleuVII

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:32 am Reply with quote
Interesting. This may be enough to float the series by. I read the first of the 123 volumes, and it was just... average. I didn't even finish it.
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:19 am Reply with quote
Uematsu is very well known to videogame otaku.He used to make audiences weep with 8-bit music.The guy is a badass,It only makes sence to pair him with the Guin saga.I grew up with his music,so this is great news.

Last edited by Shadowrun20XX on Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:25 pm Reply with quote
Wow, how about that? With Uematsu scoring it I'm now thinking about giving this one a chance just for that. Uematsu's the man. Cool
dangerwhat

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:55 pm Reply with quote
Well, the show sounds interesting - though perhaps not fantastic but Uematsu's music ensures at least a score worthwhile. That goes a long way with me ^-^
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1