• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 1 of Kannagi's 8 Stations Drops Program from Lineup

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Takeyo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:22 am Reply with quote
Probably supposed to be "without providing an explanation."
dangerwhat

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:05 pm Reply with quote
8O why? It didn't seem THAT bad, based on the first episode.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:39 pm Reply with quote
Judging by what shows they have aired I really doubt it was an issue with the content. Could have been any number of reasons like a licensing issue or a lack of interest from advertisers. Doesn't look like they're going to say and it doesn't really effect us so "oh, well".

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
sailorsean

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:36 pm Reply with quote
dangerwhat wrote:
Shocked why? It didn't seem THAT bad, based on the first episode.

Emerje wrote:
Judging by what shows they have aired I really doubt it was an issue with the content. Could have been any number of reasons like a licensing issue or a lack of interest from advertisers. Doesn't look like they're going to say and it doesn't really effect us so "oh, well".

Emerje

I know I personally saw the first episode and nothing I would say was "bad" or "dirty" like the first episode of the second season of Rosario to Vampire... but still, it didn't really catch my attention... I think I'll take it off my fall anime watch list after all...
hikaru004

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:21 pm Reply with quote
Maybe it wasn't Western enough for the station. It does seem to be more otaku oriented. I actually liked the first episode.
dangerwhat

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:23 pm Reply with quote
hikaru004 wrote:
Maybe it wasn't Western enough for the station. It does seem to be more otaku oriented. I actually liked the first episode.

I don't know that it was that Otaku oriented that a network whould have cause to drop it, though it does feature some of such humor, obviously. I thought it was good enough for me to watch. It will stay on my list ^-^[/i]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1