• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Anime to Be Showcased at MIPCOM Media Industry Event

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emerje

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:41 pm Reply with quote
Not a very promising crop of shows, IMO, aside from Itazura na Kiss. Almost looks like the emphasis is on preschoolers this time around, but they're picking some very Japanese shows to push, not sure how well that'll work for them.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ConanSan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:58 pm Reply with quote
I'm not entirely suprised, didn't Hunter X Hunter, Monster and bunch of other shows get shoped around this thing last year?

If so, then that was an outright swing and a miss for all involved.
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:40 pm Reply with quote
It was a different event (NAPTE if I'm not mistaken) but yeah, pretty much the same thing from the looks of it.

Plus Viz has decided to release Hunter X Hunter themselves, and the first set is solicited to come out in December, so it isn't a complete hit & miss, but I see your point nonetheless.
D Dubbs

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:23 pm Reply with quote
Buster Blader 126 wrote:
It was a different event (NAPTE if I'm not mistaken) but yeah, pretty much the same thing from the looks of it.

Eh, kind of. NATPE is a national exhibition (meaning exclusive to the U.S.) and MIPCOM showcases properties from around the world to buyers from around the world. It's a much bigger event.
Arcwave

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:44 am Reply with quote
Meh, I thought there would be some information on the new Dragonball Z OVA. Guess not...
Jacut

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:19 am Reply with quote
Those are only the screenings that will take place at MIP, but the goal of the event is to allow European, US, Japanese etc... licensees and licensors to meet, so expect a lot of new announcements in the following days/weeks (at least for us in Europe)!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
hethler
SPAMMER

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:36 am Reply with quote
Philippines will also be showcasing Super Inggo: Animated Series (26eps x 22 mins)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:33 am Reply with quote
Arcwave wrote:
Meh, I thought there would be some information on the new Dragonball Z OVA. Guess not...

Such events as this is more about networks looking for TV series, not one-shot OVAs.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1