• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Click - October 11th - 17th

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Key

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:28 am Reply with quote
Brian's posting for the airing of Code Geass and Moribito is seriously at odds with what my DVR is telling me. It is listing Geass at 11:30 p.m. and 3 a.m. and Moribito not at all.

Hmmm. . . just checked the online-posted Adult Swim schedule and it agrees with Brian. Late change, perhaps?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Top Gun

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:03 am Reply with quote
No, just your DVR's schedule not updating properly to reflect a new time period of listings. It happens just about every month; [as] doesn't get an updated schedule out to the various service providers, so they sometimes roll back to a previous month's schedule. I think this particular case was one of flat-out incorrect info getting out somewhere, as I've seen those listings posted elsewhere. As usual, the best advice with [as] is to go by only what they have posted in the Flash schedule on their homepage (even the paper schedule is out-of-date on occasion).

I think Psychic Wars just about passes the "so bad it's good" mark and goes straight to "so bad it's just dreadful." Maybe if I'm incredibly bored on Monday, I'll give it another run-through, just for laughs.
LuckySeven

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:47 am Reply with quote
Well, my Dish Network DVR still has both airing at 5am and 5:30am Eastern time so I'll stick with that. Still annoys the crap (well crap in place of less pleasant wording) out of me that Cartoon Network/Adult Swim took such a drastic stance against anime in the last month. I'm honestly starting to doubt that anything beyond Pokemon and Bakugan will survive past the start of the new year. Sad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:09 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Even more unthinkable that I would sort of negligently prey upon the goodwill and trust of my editors to self-promote something completely unrelated to my contractual obligations!

Nothing like using a carrot as a stick ... no article turned in = no self-aggrandizing promotion.
LuckySeven wrote:
I'm honestly starting to doubt that anything beyond Pokemon and Bakugan will survive past the start of the new year. Sad

Which is pretty bad considering all the trouble getting them to even show Pokemon half the time.
Quote:
So Yusei has to use his most powerful TRUMP CARD! Which will surprise no one even remotely familiar with the ins and outs of Yu-Gi-Oh!.

Brian will choose a repeat for the Click Pick (and not in a classic anime newly redone, without commercials, or hasn't been shown in a long time, way) before a Yu-Gi-Oh plot becomes surprising ... so, umm, stay tuned for next week's episode.
sabriyahm

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:30 pm Reply with quote
I whole heartedly agree with your Naruto 3 assesment but 2 better tthen 1? Yeah any movie with Gaara in it is better then a movie without generally but otherwise 1 had cooler animation sequences by far. That said all anime movies based of series are absolute crap.
bahamut623

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:26 pm Reply with quote
Just finished the Naruto movie. It was definitely better than the first (which bored me to tears), but it was still only okay. I kinda stopped paying attention to the story near the end and just watched the nice visuals. It was a fun time regardless.

I haven't seen them all, but the later One Piece movies are pretty darn good (I've heard the first 3 kinda suck). The sixth one in particular (Baron Omatsuri and the Secret Island) is especially good. It captures the fun of the series while taking it in a slightly darker direction than the series has ever gone. It's pretty great, methinks.

Also...about Ayakashi Ayashi...They actually haven't given a new episode for weeks now. After about the 5th episode, they just started repeat the same episodes over and over. They just got back to where they were again this week, so maybe next week we'll finally get episode 6. Everything else on that IAtv block has been giving new episodes though.
archaron

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:34 pm Reply with quote
Comcasts guide is all messed up with the times for Bleach, Moribito, and Code Geass. It lists Moribito and Code Geass as Inuyasha. Oh well, I have my dvr set at the right time though.
Josh7289

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:32 am Reply with quote
Quote:
The Click shows up once again in its own sort of cool, laconic way, tossing aside the premiere of the second Naruto movie with a kind of devil-may-care attitude and detached air of understanding.

It premiered back in July. This was the second showing.

Oh, and Gurren Lagann... his name is "Simon".
Emerje

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:51 am Reply with quote
For me Naruto movie 2 is the best of the three, I really like the way they explore the idea of people from beyond the local nations, something the manga or TV filler rarely even mentions let alone gets into details over. End result is knights versus ninja, what's not to like? For the rest I put the first movie second and keep the third movie last. The third movie wasn't completely bad, it just had a needlessly long setup. once they got back to the kingdom things picked up quite a bit, to the point that it didn't even feel like the same movie. The first Shippuuden movie wasn't bad either, but it suffered from a lot of similarities to the last bout of filler so it wasn't as fun to watch as it might have been otherwise.

There's an error in the Gurren Lagann dates.

I keep forgetting about Hell Girl, hope it's not too late to get into (only the third episode). *sets DVR*

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
RogueJedi86

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:07 am Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
I keep forgetting about Hell Girl, hope it's not too late to get into (only the third episode). *sets DVR*

Emerje

Shouldn't be a problem. The first 2 episodes have been very standalone and formulaic(almost to the point where I'm ready to stop watching), with no major plot developments(if there is indeed an ongoing plot) to worry about missing. So tune in and enjoy. It also repeats like 5 more times throughout the week if you happen to miss a DVR recording. www.ifc.com/schedule should have it. Tuesday and Friday nights it airs twice.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nebs

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:26 am Reply with quote
Pretty much every episode of "Hell Girl" is stand-alone. The plot begins & finishes within one episode. Repeat again with different characters. One could pick an episode at random & not be lost. Usually I don't like episodic series, but I really dig "Hell Girl."

& yeah, Naruto Movie 2 is not a premiere: Anime catgrin + sweatdrop
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9SuGFF5hLA

Key wrote:
Hmmm. . . just checked the online-posted Adult Swim schedule and it agrees with Brian. Late change, perhaps?

Unfortunately Geass & Moribito have been on at 5 in the morning for over a month now. Confused Don't know why the on-screen guides can't get it right by now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Fiction Alchemist

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:21 am Reply with quote
Deleted.

Last edited by Fiction Alchemist on Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
WindAlchemistJen

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:11 pm Reply with quote
Fiction Alchemist wrote:
Just wanted to say that Code Geass has been bold and surprising. I hope adult swim are still going to air the second Code Geass series, even if it will be at their careless roadkill time slot.

According to the current schedule, they are. However, knowing Adult Swim, that could change at any moment.
LuckySeven

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:04 pm Reply with quote
Considering that it will still be stuck at that awful 5am time slot, I don't see why they won't air it. I assume they still have to fulfill their contractual obligations to air the show even though [adult swim] (and Cartoon Network as a whole) appears to be moving away from airing anime at all. Depending on how long it takes I wouldn't be surprised if they don't double up on season 2 of Code Geass once Moribito finishes just so they can get it over with sooner. Rolling Eyes

I still find it highly suspect though. In their commercial bumps they complain about us not watching their anime, but yet and still they don't advertise it at all, and they shuffle the schedule around in an erratic manner. Sadly its a case of them not knowing what the hell they are doing, or worse, they do know what they are doing. Evil or Very Mad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime
Fiction Alchemist

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:41 pm Reply with quote
Deleted.

Last edited by Fiction Alchemist on Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2