• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Come Clean

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:42 am Reply with quote
Quote:
The latest returning cast member is Sakura, the chirpy schoolgirl who idolizes Ryu to a potentially unhealthy extreme. There's even a trailer of her in action.

I'm wondering why they didn't just make that Lana Lang girl from Smallville into Sakura in the upcoming SF movie, if they just wanted that kind of audience... BTW, a still of Kreuk as Chun Li via Dark Horizons.
bleuster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:09 am Reply with quote
Todd, you pushed ALL my buttons this week!

Parasite Eve. Glad to see it pop it's head out after all these years. I still would like to Square Enix work on the overdue Bushido Blade 3. That would make me want a PS3 like no other.

THERESIA. Planning to check that out later this week. There's A LOT of text to prowl through, but I don't know much else about it.

C Vs T Japan only? Honey, forget about it! That's BS, but what can you do? At least I got Sakura coming my way.

Todd, check out 7th Dragon by Sega for the DS. It's an old school game that's very similar to Etrian Odyssey (Kazuya Niinou is actually directing it). I just saw the 2 trailers for it on youtube. It's right up my alley.
Maybe you can cover that next week.

Almost forgot, Nippon Ichi Software America is in bit of a trouble this week. Fans are ticked off that the long awaited Rhapsody DS game that they got came with glitches and feel cheated from content that the Japanese game had, but got cut for the U.S. release for some reason. It was advertised that the content was there, then NISA sort of flip-flopped on way they had to cut the English actors, then we find out that there was no real reason to. It's a mess.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
atlanime

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:51 am Reply with quote
That 8-Man game rocked in the arcades! Too bad the anime series wasn't that good.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:15 am Reply with quote
I hate to admit it but WiiMusic does actually sound vaguely fun. Not $50 bucks fun. Not makes up for the total absence of anything decent fun. But it sounds at least won't have to break into people who bought its houses and destroy their copies fun which is actually better then I expected.
leftbehindxp

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:14 am Reply with quote
It sucks that you feel like that towards Parasite Eve, I think they were great games. Though I was little when I played them and did not pay attention to detail, I would probably judge them differently if they came out now. The new trailer for it though looked pretty interesting, but I wish they showed game footage.
zawa113

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:34 am Reply with quote
Wow, his "get excited" line on Eternal Sonata hit me, I did actually name a monster (the main character one) in "Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker" "Mozart". But I already got Eternal Sonata for the 360, and I don't have a PS3, I can certainly miss getting it again.
Super_Vegeta

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:35 am Reply with quote
An interesting read, tho I skipped a bit (in the Eternal Sonata and Bleach sections) so that I wouldn't read any spoilers. (Hey I just started Bleach)

Anyway, it seems like there are gonna be some good games coming out. Its all doom and gloom (IMO) on the playstation forums, because people won't shut the hell up about the next 25 FPS games that are coming out, so at this point anything that isn't an FPS (for PS3 or 360) gets automatic "win" points.

Anyway out of the games listed I'm definately getting Eternal Sonata, and considering Street Fighter.

AS a side note who was the girl in the first picture. The girl with the gun in the Square Enix section. (I assume that was from Parasite whatever.)

That and the new Star Ocean sounded interesting to me, (even through the writers sarcasm. . . I think he was being sarcastic anyway).
heavyweather

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:25 am Reply with quote
Theresia looks really interesting - I love point and click adventure games (or in this case, point and tap) so I might have to check this one out. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.
samuelp
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:45 am Reply with quote
I was at the Tokyo Game Show.

It was lame. Super crowded and generally lame. Tokyo Anime Fair was much better, IMO.
Jadress

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:01 pm Reply with quote
Aya looks like a hip hop artist in that poster. ^^; Also, is Tornado worth picking up? The concept sounds pretty fun, though that doesn't necessarily mean it'll be a good game.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
NimbusRain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:20 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
On the PSP, Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep also added a new female character: Aqua, who joins previously introduced heroes Terra and Ventus as a playable lead.

When I first read this, I got excited because I thought it meant Terra from FF6 would have a lead role in this game. Then I realized it was a different character. In a cross-over universe like Kingdom Hearts, SquareEnix really needs to stop recycling character names. It's confusing!

I have to say, Theresia has caught my attention though. I love those kind of games.
konkonsn

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:00 pm Reply with quote
NimbusRain wrote:
Quote:
On the PSP, Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep also added a new female character: Aqua, who joins previously introduced heroes Terra and Ventus as a playable lead.

When I first read this, I got excited because I thought it meant Terra from FF6 would have a lead role in this game. Then I realized it was a different character. In a cross-over universe like Kingdom Hearts, SquareEnix really needs to stop recycling character names. It's confusing!

I have to say, Theresia has caught my attention though. I love those kind of games.

SquareEnix likes the whole Earth theme, and there are only so many ways to name a character after the earth or sky or water.
BleuVII

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:29 pm Reply with quote
konkonsn wrote:
NimbusRain wrote:
Quote:

SquareEnix likes the whole Earth theme, and there are only so many ways to name a character after the earth or sky or water.

True. They used Japanese for the first game (Sora=sky, Riku=well, I don't know, but I know it relates to earth, Kairi=ocean [water]). In this game, we have Ventus (air), Terra (earth), and Aqua (water). But to be fair, FFVI's "Terra" was actually named "Tina" in the Japanese version. Also, Aqua is not really a new character. They revealed her right away, then backstepped and pretended like they HADN'T revealed her, only to re-reveal her at least two times since.

Quote:
Square also revealed the current lineup for Dissidia: Final Fantasy, the 3-D fighter that draws protagonists and villains from the first ten mainline games in the franchise. The roster features... Cloud Strife and Sephiroth from Final Fantasy VII

Whoah. Never saw that one coming! Rolling Eyes
mewtwo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:09 am Reply with quote
That blue Tatsunoko seahorse in the TvC logo reminds me an awful lot of Horsea.
Raven Shinobi

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:31 am Reply with quote
A new sequel to Parasite Eve is something that I wanted ever since the release of PS2. Hope this hints that S-E will get back to their older -and more interesting titles- like Vagrant Story and the Chrono series rather than keep milking the Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts franchises.

I wonder what caused Aya to move back to New York and if she's still taking care of Eve. I also liked the little thing going between her and Kyle from PE2, so I hope this game will mention if they're still on contact after all those years.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2