• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: I.G to Animate Moribito Author's The Beast Player Novels

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andrew Cunningham

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:27 am Reply with quote
Haven't read these, but she's an amazing novelist, and this is very welcome news.
Not an inspiring staff, however; not a fan of either Real Drive or Library Wars.
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:42 am Reply with quote
Andrew Cunningham wrote:
Not an inspiring staff, however; not a fan of either Real Drive or Library Wars.

Yeah, but "Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex" and "Blood+" perked up my ears...

And yet -- NO!! More Moribito first! There's a lot more novels to do! Please, IG!
maaya

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:17 am Reply with quote
I would also like more Moribito, but this is nice as well. At least there is some hope if they're adapting another one of her novels, they might adapt others as well. Looking forward to this.
melonbread

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:38 am Reply with quote
Production I.G, I LOVE YOU so incredibly much!!!

Seriously, I'm clueless as to why more Production I.G shows aren't being licensed quicker!!! Production I.G obviously care about their worldwide fans, as they have an English website that is updated regularly...

And, I'd absolutely love to see anime adaptations of the other nine novels in the Moribito series, I hope the rest of the novels get licensed and released by Scholastic too.
lostinagoodbook

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:51 am Reply with quote
I agree with the other posters. I'm glad they are going to be making such quality work into an anime, but I'd LOVE to see them do more of the Moribito novels first. The show is just so wonderful!
Kougeru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:06 pm Reply with quote
I agree with the people who want more Moribito anime, however this is great news as well. Aweosme novelist+Production IG =win. While production IG does get some rather boring anime sometimes (Ghost Hound) their animation is still top quality.
leongsh

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:07 pm Reply with quote
I'm definitely curious enough to be interested.

However, just like most who have posted in this thread, I would have much preferred if we have gotten another anime adaptation from her Moribito series. Especially the continuation from where Seirei no Moribito ended. There's a few novels there to be adapted. Please, pretty please.

I. NEED. MORE. BALSA.
billyarnie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:20 pm Reply with quote
leongsh wrote:
I'm definitely curious enough to be interested.

However, just like most who have posted in this thread, I would have much preferred if we have gotten another anime adaptation from her Moribito series. Especially the continuation from where Seirei no Moribito ended. There's a few novels there to be adapted. Please, pretty please.

I. NEED. MORE. BALSA.

Ditto! I am curious about The Beast Player, however... thanks to Moribito, I may be driven to download fansubs in 2009! *GASP*! Shocked As for adapting Yami no Moribito (Guardian of Darkness), either I.G. is waiting... or maybe Seirei no Moribito didn't sell enough DVD's in Japan. Sad Media Blasters is giving it the Old College Try come 11/04/08... with no help from [adult swim]! Mad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
billyarnie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:10 pm Reply with quote
melonbread wrote:
And, I'd absolutely love to see anime adaptations of the other nine novels in the Moribito series, I hope the rest of the novels get licensed and released by Scholastic too.

Everything is business-related, but based on how the novel of Guardian of the Spirit does, I hope Cathy Hirano or someone will continue the translations for Scholastic. As for anime, see my post above this... maybe Production I.G. will give us Balsa again in late 2009 or early 2010. Dang... THAT Long?! Evil or Very Mad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
dangerwhat

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:40 pm Reply with quote
This sounds promising and I can't wait for it to come out ^-^
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:14 pm Reply with quote
If only they would care enough to animate "With The Light", a manga.
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:57 pm Reply with quote
FireChick wrote:
If only they would care enough to animate "With The Light", a manga.

That already had a very successful live-action run, so my guess is an anime isn't in huge demand in Japan.
teekay

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:04 pm Reply with quote
Seems like an intriguing concept. I wonder what controlling a beast "like a musical instrument" entails, exactly. In any case, I'm looking forward to it now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
RedHotFunk

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:01 pm Reply with quote
Moribito has some of the most amazingly done fight scenes I have seen in anime; crisp, and not over the top unrealistic moves. I've never seen spear fights look SO good.

I'd love to see how this one turns out, I'm a fan of Production I.G. (particularly because of their work on Ghost in the Shell ~ I assume many are fans of this anime in this thread well). If it's got Production I.G., you know it's got quality!
Andrew Cunningham

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:33 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
While production IG does get some rather boring anime sometimes (Ghost Hound) their animation is still top quality.

Ghost Hound was amazing.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2