• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Fields of Fire

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fronzel

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:37 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Cyber Maid Alice

I...that's...

No.
abstract-alchemist

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:52 pm Reply with quote
those final fantasy XIII screen shots look fine to me. I don't really see any of the flaws; the emotional portrayal looks very accurate, and the lighting looks fine to me. Maybe I'm just one of those people that accept the whole "it looks just good enough" type. I'd give this iteration a 5 out 5 in terms of graphics.
SoloButterfly

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:52 pm Reply with quote
That maid "game" is pretty disturbing...

I pity the poor voice actress who had to record all those squeals.
point;blank

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:05 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Cyber Maid Alice

Hmm... I want it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Raven Shinobi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:43 am Reply with quote
FFXIII looks so interesting to me, so was that lackluster FFXII that the critics lauded as though it was the best thing since sliced bread, so I'm currently pretty hesitant about buying it whenever it comes out -though I know I'll end up giving it a try anyway because of the hype Razz FF9 was actually the last game from Square that I was pleased with, after their merging with Enix and the departure of some of their iconic men, the quality of their games went downhill.

I've also never been a big fan of S-E action RPGs with the exception of Parasite Eve, so I also don't know about Agito.
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:08 am Reply with quote
Well I haven't loved a FF game since X came out (even though X-2 was fun after a while) but this shows real promise. If they can get back to the days of a FFXIII story with all these pretty graphics then I'll be happy.

Cyber maid alice huh? Almost makes the gravure idol industry look tame.
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:14 am Reply with quote
I like how that maid game also has a furry fetish. Rolling Eyes
stopher87

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:20 am Reply with quote
So the whole point is to torment a maid? That sounds kind of sadistic.
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:47 am Reply with quote
BTW, if you were really "reviewing" a preliminary version of an FF game, shouldn't it be 10/10? Wink
nightmaregenie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:59 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Cyber Maid Alice
Is there a male version of that Twisted Evil

I had an emulator copy of that Yu Yu Hakusho game when I was younger. Me being only a casual gamer and all the biggest amusement I got out of it was watching 4 clones of the same character trying to off each other, or something along the lines of 2 Kuwabara's vs 2 elder Toguro's. Computer controlled characters can be VERY vicious.
Must dig it out again...it must be somewhere on my old pc...
Top Gun

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:05 am Reply with quote
That maid game is just about the most horrifyingly wrong thing I've ever seen. I should really learn by now that Japan will always manage to one-up itself and freak me out in some new and terrifying way.

And from the little I saw of Dragonball, I'd agree that it seems almost infinitely better than its sequel. It's nice to see the original get some loving.
icepick314

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:30 am Reply with quote
This is what i got from all the Cyber Maid Alice articles...

Apparently what you get for ¥9800 is the instruction, the cube, that plastic stick, and different cards that gives her gifts and costumes.

The software itself downloaded from the website.

So what's to stop someone from "making" their own cube and shapes using some paper origami and sharpie?

Does anyone have guts to try it out on your own and save ¥9800?

Last edited by icepick314 on Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:17 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:45 am Reply with quote
icepick314 wrote:

Yeah...hopefully though people have the brains to just not buy this messed up shit and save ¥9800.
championferret

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:53 am Reply with quote
I'm a girl... but I think Cyber Maid Alice looks adorable. (I actually found all the negativity surrounding it more offensive than the thing itself, but anyway) If it wasnt so expensive I'd be tempted to buy it. The technology looks pretty impressive; It makes me think how awesome it would be if somehow you could combine it with something like Nintendogs. Imagine being able to see your Nintendogs running around on your desk!

It doesnt look like the 'point' is to abuse her, it's just showing what the technolgy can do. Just like how in some RPGS you can attack your own party members, but that isnt the 'point' of the battle.

I think it'd be worth keeping an eye on this sort of technology to see what else comes out of it; there's been fanmade stuff for a while but this is the first time I've seen something 'commercial' and on such a scale.
(Yes I'm really hoping for something like Nintendogs. Or desktop Pokemon even!)
icepick314

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:11 am Reply with quote
ikillchicken wrote:
icepick314 wrote:

Yeah...hopefully though people have the brains to just not buy this messed up shit and save ¥9800.

okay...i did some more research on their website...

you need internet access to install the software...then software askes for your name, email address, and serial number which probably is included in the boxed version...

according to the website, the software can be installed upto five different computers and count is reset if it's uninstalled...

and unfortunately there's no Vista version available right now but they're working on it...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5