• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bandai Ent. Posts English-Dubbed Code Geass R2 Trailer

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mulrich

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:29 am Reply with quote
Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww...
Xanas

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:36 am Reply with quote
Awesome, sounds like they might be quick about releasing the next season. Very cool.
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:00 am Reply with quote
Xanas wrote:
Awesome, sounds like they might be quick about releasing the next season. Very cool.

Too bad the series is still rotting away in the death slot hour at 5 AM. Sad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ghstmtrx

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:08 am Reply with quote
Yeah, that messed up 5 AM time slot is what keeps me from being happy about this announcement. Although since they cant release DVD's until the episodes have been on the air I guess it is good they are getting it out of the way.

Stupid Adult Swim Evil or Very Mad
Orange_Popsicle

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:24 am Reply with quote
Yeah... Normally, I'd be happier about this but the timeslot is kinda killing it for me. I stopped watching it on AS because of said timeslot, and I'm not sure if I wanna start watching/recording it again since I've already seen all of R2...
the_seventh_l

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:01 am Reply with quote
As someone who hasn't seen R2 yet, DO WANT~ Thank goodness for the [ AS ] website, or I wouldn't be able to watch. xD
kokuryu

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:23 am Reply with quote
They need to put it up on Crunchyroll...
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:45 am Reply with quote
kokuryu wrote:

Why? So other people can watch and dowload the series for free? Or watch it in high quality free of cost?
braves

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:57 am Reply with quote
kokuryu wrote:

It's already on [adult swim]'s site.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Daimao Raki

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:11 am Reply with quote
braves wrote:
kokuryu wrote:

It's already on [adult swim]'s site.
Oh I forgot about that.
jr240483

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:23 am Reply with quote
the_seventh_l wrote:
As someone who hasn't seen R2 yet, DO WANT~ Thank goodness for the [ AS ] website, or I wouldn't be able to watch. xD

Well i got no problem watching it at 5:00am.Luckily for users who have directTV which i have, it shows again at 8:00am cause it also shows CN West which is good for me and others who have it.It's also hapenning with other cable and sattelite services, so people can watch it at 8 instead of 5. Also the reason it aint do well cause people already watch those annoying fansubs on veoh already and other illegal sites. if they decide to make a 3rd season,they should release the japaneese version on TV right along with the dub version at the same time just like what Media Blaster did with Kite:Liberator. And the US govt and bandai should crack down more on illegal websites and put more pressure on video sites like youtube,veoh and myspace.

[EDIT: Please stick to standard-colored text.~Zalis]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:32 am Reply with quote
How close are they to finishing 1) the Code Geass on Adult Swim and 2) the DVD release?

I've been meaning to give this series a third try and watch a chunk of it rather than just rolling my eyes at the jingoism of episode one and long boring mecha battle of episode 2 and really see whether this series manages to be catch my interest (Lelouch seemed promising), but it necessitates there be copies of the anime around for me to rent.
hurricanefransee

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:45 am Reply with quote
that is pretty supprising that they are airing it so fast. but it is still bull that they are playing it at 5 am if you can play bleach at 2 like normal what is wrong with code geass. whatever they just better bring out the box set soon.
CCSYueh

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:45 am Reply with quote
It did seem to move to 5AM not too long after the ep where the girl was pleasuring herself....Granted there's worse on Adult Swim, but I did find it interesting the show seems to be watched by enough people at the places I go-as much or more than Bleach.

So is 5 AM really that much a reason to give it up? I have to get up at 6 AM every weekday for work so if I didn't have U-Verse & live on the West Coast where it plays at 2AM on the East Coast feed. It really seems like not that big a deal to wake up then if I were too lazy to set a timer on some sort of recording device. If I valued my sleep, I'd just record it.
Kyogissun

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:49 am Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
the_seventh_l wrote:

Well i got no problem watching it at 5:00am.Luckily for users who have directTV which i have, it shows again at 8:00am cause it also shows CN West which is good for me and others who have it.It's also hapenning with other cable and sattelite services, so people can watch it at 8 instead of 5. Also the reason it aint do well cause people already watch those annoying fansubs on veoh already and other illegal sites. if they decide to make a 3rd season,they should release the japaneese version on TV right along with the dub version at the same time just like what Media Blaster did with Kite:Liberator. And the US govt and bandai should crack down more on illegal websites and put more pressure on video sites like youtube,veoh and myspace.

...video sites are the cause of the poor ratings for Code geass?

Aha... AHAHAHAHAHA! That's funny, that really is. Do you work for adult swim? Do you work for Bandai Entertainment?

No? That's what I though. You shouldn't act like you're speaking on the behalf of a group when your claims has no solid support. Fansubs are a problem in general, but to blame the movement of ONE show to 5 am and the poor ratings on fansubbers? I suppose you blame Moribito's time slot for the same thing then, right?

Come on, don't even bother trying to bring a fansub discussion into a thread that didn't even have it before hand, as a person against fansubs of licensed series myself, I'm annoyed by you going out of your way and even mentioning it.

Adult Swim damned the show themselves. You wanna blame someone for the poor timeslot? Blame Cartoon Network/Adult Swim. Like I said already, fansubbers are responsible for a decent set of problems, but it's a pretty outrageous claim (in my honest opinion of course, I myself don't wanna speak for a group) that they're responsible for the pushback to 5 am.

Because if this was true, Bleach would be doing JUST AS BAD, if not worse... and as far as I know, it's still in the 11-2 timeslot frame.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5