• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Precure TV Series to Premiere on February 1

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tofusensei

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:54 pm Reply with quote
kokuryu wrote:
I still have not seen all of Yes! Pretty Cure 5! yet... and they are just starting to show the FIRST Pretty Cure series here in the US - with only 1 ep a week - its gonna be YEARS before we see this new series...

Almost all of Pretty Cure has been available for legal purchase on Direct2Drive for some time now.

http://www.direct2drive.com/Search.aspx?SearchTerm=pretty%20cure

-Tofu
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:30 am Reply with quote
Ojamajo LimePie wrote:
enurtsol wrote:

It's the Japanese Power Rangers. Laughing

Umm, Power Rangers is Japanese. Well, sort of. Footage of the transformed rangers comes from Japanese sentai series. The English-language show shoots new scenes with American actors for the non-transformed part (and makes up their own lame plot which usually has absolutely nothing in common with the Japanese series. Rolling Eyes )

Exactly! It all comes back around! On and on and on, year after year after year.... Laughing
ChronoBall X

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:00 pm Reply with quote
I expected this to happen,After all the pretty cure Franchise is the next hit Sailor Moon from Toei Animation,so I don't have a problem with a new season as long as they keep it fresh with a different continuality every once in awhile like with Digimon. but yeah,I don't mind new seasons of an ongoing magical girl series as long as each season is fresh and exciting,heck I would love to see a 4th season of Nanoha.

if this season is another direct continuation of Yes Pretty Cure 5,than thats cool too,it's fun seeing more fun adventures with Nozomi,but if it's a new universe with a different set of characters than thats cool too,as long as they each add some originallity.

The first 3 season's fight scenes,Pretty Cure,Max heart and Splash Star all had that DBZ feel to it,while Yes Precure was nice,but the recent seasons felt too similar to Tokyo Mew Mew in my opinion Razz

Season 3 Splash star,the one with Mai(Cure Bloom) and Saki(cure Egret) was the most action packed and darker tone out of all of them,especially with the last final episodes. all though I enjoyed that one,but somehow I perfer the recent Yes Precure 5 over that ^^

BTW,I have a question guys,I've been hearing that Toei animation are attempting to dub the series themselves after 4kids failed to get the first series,because I saw english dub promo trailers for them on they're japanese website,is this somewhat true?
iceminx

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:25 pm Reply with quote
K.o.R wrote:
Pretty Cure's on US TV? When did that happen?

It didn't. *thankful* 4kids, the root of all evil bought the rights to the first series, or at least the first season of the first series, then let it expire. The episodes are available to view on the Toei website.

Here's the article, did anyone read it?
animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/profile.php?mode=activate&u=310981&act_key=a16be5

I watched a few episodes of Precure and the second movie, but never really got into it. I LOVE Precure 5. When was the last time new episodes were subbed?? I saw 23...but couldn't find 24.
iceminx

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:46 pm Reply with quote
K.o.R wrote:

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2007-11-28/yes-precure-5-gogo-magical-girl-sequel-confirmed

Did anyone read this article? It explains everything except the new series (which is what this thread is about ironically)
4kids had the license to the first season of the first series, let it expire, Toei put it up subbed to be viewed by anyone.
I saw the first episodes years ago, only a few, and the 2nd movie, but never got into it.
I LOVE Precure 5. Fansubs haven't been released in a while- was 24 the last one??
samuelp
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:33 am Reply with quote
ChronoBall X wrote:

BTW,I have a question,I've been hearing that Toei animation are attempting to dub the series themselves after 4kids failed to get the first series,because I saw english dub promo trailers for them on they're japanese website,is this somewhat true?

Nope, sorry. That promo dub of a few episodes (I think they even showed a few episodes of an english dub at AX one year), yes it was dubbed by Toei themselves by hiring a studio in LA to dub it, but it was only a few episodes and only for promotion/selling the show to TV networks and licensors. They were actually made BEFORE 4kids licensed the show.

The entire first 2 seasons have been dubbed into english, though, but only by Singapore's Odex, and that dub is.... well it's not fit for US TV.

I wouldn't put it past Toei from paying for a US dub themselves at some point, especially if the streaming subbed episodes do really well on crunchyroll. They got it dubbed into every other language on the planet... But they'd need to think it was worth the money.
K.o.R

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:19 am Reply with quote
ChronoBall X wrote:
The first 3 season's fight scenes,Pretty Cure,Max heart and Splash Star all had that DBZ feel to it,while Yes Precure was nice,but the recent seasons felt too similar to Tokyo Mew Mew in my opinion Razz

Well that is what you get when you hire the DBZ director to direct a magical girl show Razz
ChronoBall X

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:04 am Reply with quote
iceminx wrote:
K.o.R wrote:

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2007-11-28/yes-precure-5-gogo-magical-girl-sequel-confirmed

Did anyone read this article? It explains everything except the new series (which is what this thread is about ironically)
4kids had the license to the first season of the first series, let it expire, Toei put it up subbed to be viewed by anyone.
I saw the first episodes years ago, only a few, and the 2nd movie, but never got into it.
I LOVE Precure 5. Fansubs haven't been released in a while- was 24 the last one??

so far only 24 episodes of the first Yes! Pretty Cure 5 have been subbed,but yes,they're taking quite awhile for the rest to be subbed,same thing with Precure Splash star
samuelp
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:44 pm Reply with quote
ChronoBall X wrote:
iceminx wrote:
K.o.R wrote:

so far only 24 episodes of the first Yes! Pretty Cure 5 have been subbed,but yes,they're taking quite awhile for the rest to be subbed,same thing with Precure Splash star

Considering I'm the one who was subbing YPC5, and I have now stopped, I think you will be waiting for forever unless some other group takes over at some point.

But I doubt one will. Good luck begging some fansubbers to take on a who knows how long series.
Kimiko_0

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:52 pm Reply with quote
Aw. And the person who was subbing Splash Star also quit not long ago. It's no wonder Pretty Cure isn't very popular.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2