• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Do signatures even work here?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
God_of_Evil

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 11:16 pm Reply with quote
I'm a semi-newbie to this place and this is the first time I've asked a question. Can we actually add our signatures to our posts because I followed the FAQ and I can't see my signature after I posted(Are we supposed to see it?) .
Cassandra

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 11:18 pm Reply with quote
As stated in Teh Rules:

Quote:
5) Signatures are disabled. Do not make "fake" signatures.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
God_of_Evil

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 11:57 pm Reply with quote
Cassandra wrote:
As stated in Teh Rules:

Quote:
5) Signatures are disabled. Do not make "fake" signatures.

Thanks, but don't you think they should remove it if it disabled?
cookie
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 12:47 am Reply with quote
God_of_Evil wrote:
Thanks, but don't you think they should remove it if it disabled?

We might re-enable signatures at some point in the future, which is why we haven't removed signatures from the profile.

On the other hand, it HAS been over a year since we disabled them... Hmm..
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
God_of_Evil

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 1:22 am Reply with quote
Cookie wrote:
We might re-enable signatures at some point in the future, which is why we haven't removed signatures from the profile.

On the other hand, it HAS been over a year since we disabled them... Hmm..

Really...
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 1:28 am Reply with quote
I actually like the lack of signatures. It makes everything all neat & tidy; I hate going to other forums and seeing people with almost 1024 x 768 pixel wallpaper-sized "banners" in their sigs. Not to mention you just get tired of seeing the ending to Cowboy Bebop or some cheesy goth cliché quoted a thousand different times by a thousand different people.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 1:38 am Reply with quote
Wow Nagisa, after reading your post, I'm completely torn. I completely agree with you on the neat and tidy and yet at the same time, I'd like to see sigs enabled if they can be moderated properly. There are ways of uniquely expressing oneself without going overboard, and internet forums have always been intended for the freedom of that expression.

I guess it's a good thing that it's not up to me. I'd have a hard time deciding which to go with Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
God_of_Evil

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 11:53 am Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
I actually like the lack of signatures. It makes everything all neat & tidy; I hate going to other forums and seeing people with almost 1024 x 768 pixel wallpaper-sized "banners" in their sigs. Not to mention you just get tired of seeing the ending to Cowboy Bebop or some cheesy goth cliché quoted a thousand different times by a thousand different people.

It's true that some forums suck with this issue, but

Godaistudios wrote:
There are ways of uniquely expressing oneself without going overboard, and internet forums have always been intended for the freedom of that expression

And sometimes people have problems with this, but it's good way to show what are you're interests are without going to the profile or asking. And if you don't like signatures, just dont read or look at them.
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 3:03 pm Reply with quote
Isn't there the option on most forums of not seeing the signatures if you don't want to see them?

And I personally love signatures. If it's limited at a nice small size, I don't thinkn people would have many problems with it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1