• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 4Kids to End Its Fox Programming Block in December

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FWNW

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:35 pm Reply with quote
I really don't know what to say here. I really dont know who side im on. Both 4Kids AND Fox form the bowels of our society. F*ck'em both!

Last edited by FWNW on Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
sailorsean

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:36 pm Reply with quote
oh my god.
Kyogissun

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:41 pm Reply with quote
So either they're gonna be pushing for their shows being primarily on The CW...

Or the end is finally nigh for them.

Either one is fine, cause I've never really cared about them. Not that the news isn't pointless but it has no effect on me.

Mainstream is finally being fed up with the anime buzz, I'm fine with that.
Leon Evolon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:51 pm Reply with quote
In all honesty, 4Kids hasn't ever really had a series that I have been interested in watching on their programming schedule, so I can't say that I will miss them. There's also this little pet peeve of censorship and poor translation that I could take up arms about here, but I'll let it be for now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:55 pm Reply with quote
And here I was thinking Yu-gi-oh's popularity would have fizzled out by now. If 4Kids is still having rights to the show and merchandise, then children and some closet fans still have to be suckered into loving the media craze the series is generating.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Hi-Chan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:00 pm Reply with quote
Kyogissun wrote:
So either they're gonna be pushing for their shows being primarily on The CW...

Or the end is finally nigh for them.

Either one is fine, cause I've never really cared about them. Not that the news isn't pointless but it has no effect on me.

Mainstream is finally being fed up with the anime buzz, I'm fine with that.

Yes ,after all the north america anime industry is just booming right now with it s hard core of fans.Most of whom don t buy a dam thing!This industry needs a gateway to lure in news fans and expand the amount of possible consumers or the anime industry here will continue to shrink.
Master Kashi

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:27 pm Reply with quote
I couldn't give a crap less about 4kids, they are the thorn in the side for anime.

As long as they don't dick over Kamen Rider: Dragon Knight, I will be happy.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:28 pm Reply with quote
This is good news, i think. The more money 4Kids lose...the happier I will get. It's cosmic payback a**holes!!!! May you go out of buisness you retarded f***!

The above message was made possible by the kindness of the "Censoring licencsing companies must burn in hell" foundation (CLCMBH)
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:38 pm Reply with quote
Interesting news.

I don't know if Canada even gets 4Kids TV anymore, as it's no longer on the channel that it used to be on (Channel 20 on Rogers). It largely doesn't affect me in the slightest, other than that I have to find other means to watch new episodes of Dinosaur King (YTV only started the series recently).

And to be honest, as long as they stick to localizing titles targeted towards children (6-11), then I have no quarrel with 4Kids. Gone are the days where I'd be upset at their editing practises.

And really, is it necessary to wish financial ruin on a company just because they didn't treat our anime properly? If anything, many of their relatively popular anime titles have been fansubbed or are being fansubbed (sans Pokemon and the first two YGO series asides from a scatter of episodes from random seasons), so an alternative is there.
Kiyomaro

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:38 pm Reply with quote
Master Kashi wrote:
As long as they don't dick over Kamen Rider: Dragon Knight, I will be happy.

They're not behind it.
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:40 pm Reply with quote
Good riddance to 4 Kids. I'm sure no one will miss them at all once they go away.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
se37

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:40 pm Reply with quote
4Kids? Oh yeah, that crap ass anime company. I didn't know they were still around... I thought they died when Pokemon died out and they lost One Piece

Last edited by se37 on Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
melonbread

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:42 pm Reply with quote
[sarcasm]Oh dear, this sucks.[/sarcasm]
Primus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:56 pm Reply with quote
Buster Blader 126 wrote:
I don't know if Canada even gets 4Kids TV anymore, as it's no longer on the channel that it used to be on (Channel 20 on Rogers). It largely doesn't affect me in the slightest, other than that I have to find other means to watch new episodes of Dinosaur King (YTV only started the series recently).

FOX 29(on channel 28 for me)? I believe it's still on durring Saturdays, but I'm usually still sleeping because of Fridays... As well, I believe Dinosaur King jumped ship from 4KidsTV to CW4Kids in September.

DiGata, and the new Biker Mice are gonna to have to hope someone gives them a home that isn't online once 4KidsTV ends.

I also wonder (if) who will take FOX's slots now? Gosh, I hope they don't just give it to the affiliates to throw infomercials, or air some FOX News stuff (please don't).
Viga_of_stars

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:59 pm Reply with quote
So will Fox stop having Saturday morning cartoons after 4kids TV is gone? Since around 2003 more channels got out of afternoon and Saturday animated programming. Saturday morning cartoons and anime are now a relic of my childhood.

Anyway, 4kids programming sucked anyway. I'm curious about what's going to happen to the timeslot now. Judge Judy and Maury repeats?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6