• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Spotlight: Princess Resurrection

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
the Rancorous

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:51 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Each episode guarantees an ingeniously brutal kill, with Hime wielding axes, sledgehammers, and even chainsaws as she fends off every manner of beast that goes bump in the night.

well, sounds like a screamin' good time to me Twisted Evil
I tend to like the darker and more mean-spirited humor, I look forward to checking this one out...

It may be an obvious question but, they're planning on dubbing this right? This is the type of series that ADV would usually serve up with a deliciously hirlarious dub Very Happy .
Kimiko_0

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:06 pm Reply with quote
×××Holic meets Hell Girl?
*adds to to-watch list*
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:17 pm Reply with quote
The show was pretty mediocre at best, mostly a guilty pleasure. I guess since ADV only has this and Clannad, they have to try to make it appear more than it is. Really, there's no hype for the show and no following, it won't sell. The only thing that keeps you watching it is hoping that some straight shota action develops between Hiro and the female cast.

On top of that, the animation was pretty lame, I guess Mad House gave it the lowest priority as far as budget, since they were also producing Claymore around that time. The action is usually pretty boring, and the comedy is your typical anime comedy, (not really funny). Oh, and brutal kills? Maybe in 3 or 4 episodes, other than that it's extremely monster of the week. I'd call it Scooby Doo, but the monsters are real.

And furthermore, ADV plans on selling this in singles. It's not nearly that good enough of a show to warrant that. In all aspects, the manga for this one is better, and this is coming from someone who hates when people give that line.
Taiyz

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:16 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
The show was pretty mediocre at best, mostly a guilty pleasure.
I'll continue this analogy by saying it's such a guilty pleasure you'd have to be on death row to enjoy it. I couldn't get any enjoyment out of the series apart from the slightly amusing ending sequence.

walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Really, there's no hype for the show and no following, it won't sell.
Yeah, if ADV didn't have Clannad they'd have signed their own death warrant right now.

walw6pK4Alo wrote:
And furthermore, ADV plans on selling this in singles. It's not nearly that good enough of a show to warrant that. In all aspects, the manga for this one is better, and this is coming from someone who hates when people give that line.
I know what you mean (both regarding the line, and the singles; haven't seen the manga.) I don't really see ADV as an early adopter of the new seasonal box set fad, but only time will tell how long they can feasibly milk the 6-DVD-singles gig before they get screwed over again. I'm sure Clannad will still sell in that format, After Story too, heck they could probably get away with putting the OVA on a single DVD, but if they continue to license stuff like Princess Resurrection (what's next, To Love-Ru? Kanokon?) then I can only see mass disappointment in the future.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
sailorsean

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:29 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
The show was pretty mediocre at best, mostly a guilty pleasure. I guess since ADV only has this and Clannad, they have to try to make it appear more than it is. Really, there's no hype for the show and no following, it won't sell. The only thing that keeps you watching it is hoping that some straight shota action develops between Hiro and the female cast.

On top of that, the animation was pretty lame, I guess Mad House gave it the lowest priority as far as budget, since they were also producing Claymore around that time. The action is usually pretty boring, and the comedy is your typical anime comedy, (not really funny). Oh, and brutal kills? Maybe in 3 or 4 episodes, other than that it's extremely monster of the week. I'd call it Scooby Doo, but the monsters are real.

I would have to agree with you there... the manga is at least a little better from the manga... it isn't really funny and i really don't see the horror in it... and who even said ×××Holic meets Hell Girl? they don't even compare to how weak this show is... i only checked it out because I liked the manga however i was disappointed in the outcome... its full of fillers and dosent even have a satisfying ending... all the characters seem like the typical anime characters at best... the only thing i liked about it was the ending sequence song with Ali Project.

Last edited by sailorsean on Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:16 am; edited 1 time in total
narutoismybrother

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:38 pm Reply with quote
Unnecessary hype = fail.
This show is complete utter crap. I watched it just to see the maid get a new sundae each week. My brain was utterly dead and in the trash at the end of the series. I never thought such crap could exist.
DRWii

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:50 pm Reply with quote
The series wasn't that bad. I actually like it (as light entertainent, anyway). Though it looks like it is getting overhyped.
Daimao Raki

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:02 pm Reply with quote
Meh, I wanna see it.
Kimiko_0

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:07 pm Reply with quote
*removes from to-watch list again* Sad
maaya

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:33 pm Reply with quote
I agree, this show is weak. It was neither horror nor funny. Really didn't work for me at all. It's not exactly incredibly bad, but there are tons of better shows ^^;

but I can't really see any hype for it either? (of course every publisher will try to create one though). As fansub it was pretty much unnoticed ...
Kamenriderfan555

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:28 pm Reply with quote
I'll probably buy it, grudgingly. I hate that they changed Hime's BLOOD into 'the flame of life'. Just seems stupid compared to the whole... BLOOD thing. Especially since Hiro was refered to alot as a Blood Warrior.
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:34 pm Reply with quote
How does this compare to Dokuro-chan? I was kind of interested in that, but not enough to support a single language version. Chances are this will be dual language, so are they comparable at all? Or am I just reaching?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tyrenol

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:37 pm Reply with quote
Taiyz wrote:
Yeah, if ADV didn't have Clannad they'd have signed their own death warrant right now.

This ain't the bus stop in some big city somewhere. You don't have to wait.

"Snickering Fat Guy" is merely exercising the right to be a rear end. All these other anime titles to pick from... Better anime titles to pick from... Anime titles that would guarantee the return of "the monkey" to ADV; without the unnecessary "mouth-to-[censored] resuscitation."

As I said somewhere, the jokes are not FUNNY. Hiro is PUSSY. And if you want something that can actually do a good job of a lead-up before scaring the crap out of you; without beating up anybody with male genitalia (much), watch Ghost Hunt.

Trinity Blood is frighteningly sssssslllllloooooowwwwww. But I recommend that, too.
krownklown

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:04 pm Reply with quote
well im looking at the animenewsnetwork page and have without a doubt the most overrated drivel thrown in my face (When they cry), princess resurrection is def a better show than that, look
if you harem style shows, especially stuff like negima, magikano, maburaho you will mostly like this, if you dont like that style you wont, but thats no reason for the idiots on this board to criticize it as much as they do - im sorry that you can watch a show like princess resurrection without having to shove a stick up your ass
Kimiko_0

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:33 pm Reply with quote
It must be getting close to dawn, because I'm having trouble making sense of the last two posts in this thread. Can someone translate, or should I just go to bed and try again tomorrow?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3