• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Amazon Lists New Manga from Aurora, Udon, Yen Press

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richard J.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:46 pm Reply with quote
Yen's the only company on the list with something that makes me curious. Tena on S-string has a nice cover at least. (I take it the series has something to do with a girl and string? Anyone got a plot synopsis, the Encyclopedia Staff would probably be appreciative.)

Good news for Yaoi fans it looks like. For some reason, despite the fact I'm really not into this genre, I actually find myself interested in Chocolate Surprise. (The plot sounds so silly it intrigues me.)
kirbyboy102

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:52 pm Reply with quote
Ooh, awesome cheezy magical girl story! Hooray! Laughing
Toshirodragon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:07 pm Reply with quote
Richard J. wrote:
, I actually find myself interested in Chocolate Surprise. (The plot sounds so silly it intrigues me.)

There's more cheese there than a New York Pizza! hahahahahaha But its very pretty so most of us yaoi types don't paying attention to the plot!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
KrisEllieOphi

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:14 pm Reply with quote
Product descriptions really make the yaoi titles sound like the most disinteresting, horrifically absurd stories....
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:21 pm Reply with quote
Richard J. wrote:
Yen's the only company on the list with something that makes me curious. Tena on S-string has a nice cover at least. (I take it the series has something to do with a girl and string? Anyone got a plot synopsis, the Encyclopedia Staff would probably be appreciative.)

Good news for Yaoi fans it looks like. For some reason, despite the fact I'm really not into this genre, I actually find myself interested in Chocolate Surprise. (The plot sounds so silly it intrigues me.)

Hahahaha. My thoughts exactly. How odd. Anime hyper As much as I'm wary of checking out a series based solely on its art (which I admit I do rather often) there was something about S-string's that just caught my eye.

Even though I was a bit taken aback by the rating for it, Chocolate Surprise sounds more weighted on story than on "lemonade". Embarassed (which, sure, I enjoy from time to time, but I'd like it far more for the plot's and characters' strength than if it were simply mindless smut)
fuuma_monou

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:38 am Reply with quote
KrisEllieOphi wrote:
Product descriptions really make the yaoi titles sound like the most disinteresting, horrifically absurd stories....

Truth in advertising? Otaku USA's yaoi review column is pretty harsh, and the reviewers are yaoi fans.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1