• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Mag Lists "New 07-Ghost Show" as Debuting in April

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Splash

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:07 am Reply with quote
Honestly, I think it's way too early for this series to get animated since it wouldn't take long to catch up with the manga... unless it suffers the fate of either making up some odd ending of its own or just stops abruptly like a lot of other series in its genre have.

I hope they keep the drama CD cast as well, especially JunJun for Haruken. xDDDD

Whatever happens, I hope it's animated well. It's one of the few manga series I collect avidly +w+~~~
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ACDragonMaster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:50 am Reply with quote
Splash wrote:
Honestly, I think it's way too early for this series to get animated since it wouldn't take long to catch up with the manga... unless it suffers the fate of either making up some odd ending of its own or just stops abruptly like a lot of other series in its genre have.

I agree, I would rather have waited longer for an anime adaptation and gotten a nice one for the full story (which isn't looking like it's going to end anytime soon) than something half-finished. As it is I just hope that they opt to do something like a smaller story arc or such that can be cut off at some point rather than butcher the plot.

Although I have to admit this series has the potential to be downright gorgeous animated, so a part of me is certainly very interested in seeing how this goes.
Unknown Memory

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:35 pm Reply with quote
Splash wrote:

Well, the manga is already up to 42 chapters. By the time the anime gets out, it'll be up to 47 chapters (predicatbly). If the series airs one new episode per week, hmmmm... That means, four episodes per month. By the time they get to the part where Teito spoiler[comes "home"]... That'll be awhile I think. Wink

Alright, my brain exploded on trying to figure it all out.
Tadakichi

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:33 pm Reply with quote
Unknown Memory wrote:
unknown memory wrote:

Well, the manga is already up to 42 chapters.

I only find 19 Chapter on the web. How come,you know that there are 42 Chapters?
complexes

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:09 pm Reply with quote
Tadakichi wrote:
Unknown Memory wrote:
unknown memory wrote:

Well, the manga is already up to 42 chapters.

I only find 19 Chapter on the web. How come,you know that there are 42 Chapters?

There are 19 chapters scanlated, but there are 42 chapters released in Japan Smile

Also echoing the others, an anime would be awesome but if they're doing one this early it looks like they'll either a) finish the anime at the end of the exam arc, or b) make an ending up.
CCSYueh

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:08 pm Reply with quote
It depends on the story on whether a chapter would equal an ep or not. When you get into shonen stuff with a lot of action, they can use 2 or 3 chapters to make into an ep or they can drag one chapter out into 2 eps.
So 42 chapters doesn't mean all that much. I get this one in Asuka, but it hasn't much interested me. (Or is it Zero-sum? I don't think it's dark enough for Zero-sum). The art looks good, but when I read what it's actually about it lost its charm.

And the way for there to be 42 chapters is it depends on if the scans are going by the graphic novels, they come out on a slower schedule than the monthly mag does. The plus of waiting for the graphic novels is the author usually fixes errors. The mag can run a chapter or 2 per month (usually 1) & then they're collected into the graphic novel so if the translators wait for that, they'd be backed up from the people working off the chapters as they run in Asuka (or Zero-Sum). If they're buying Asuka to get the latest DNAngel, then they might be tempted to keep up on 07.
ACDragonMaster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:33 pm Reply with quote
Unknown Memory wrote:
Well, the manga is already up to 42 chapters. By the time the anime gets out, it'll be up to 47 chapters (predicatbly). If the series airs one new episode per week, hmmmm... That means, four episodes per month. By the time they get to the part where Teito spoiler[comes "home"]... That'll be awhile I think. Wink

Alright, my brain exploded on trying to figure it all out.

Yes, but in 42 chapters, so far spoiler[only five of seven Ghosts have been revealed, and only one (probably soon to be two) Godhouse visited], which means that it'll probably be quite a few more chapters until the story reaches its conclusion.

I can think of one potential good stopping point for an anime, though, although it would mean needing to omit some of the subplots and still leaving other things unfinished. We'll have to see though.
Unknown Memory

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:06 am Reply with quote
^ Well, this isn't the first time a manga, that's still running in the middle of its storyline, turns into an anime. Anime smile

There are Tsubasa/XXXHolic (although Tsubasa was a mess...), Cardcaptor Sakura (where its anime ended sooner than the manga was done in 12 volumes), D.N. Angel (where Yukiru's hiatus pretty much affected the anime), Tegami Bachi (Letter Bee) is getting an anime at 21 chapters, and etc. Actually, I thought it was more common for manga to be turned into anime, as long as they had at least 2 years in a phone book publication and were popular enough to become so.

And then, there are some completed (or almost completed) manga that are turned into anime, but the animation company screws up the storyline. Which is another case... I just hope whoever animates 07-Ghost does it right. Anime hyper

CCSYueh wrote:
It depends on the story on whether a chapter would equal an ep or not. When you get into shonen stuff with a lot of action, they can use 2 or 3 chapters to make into an ep or they can drag one chapter out into 2 eps.
So 42 chapters doesn't mean all that much. I get this one in Asuka, but it hasn't much interested me. (Or is it Zero-sum? I don't think it's dark enough for Zero-sum). The art looks good, but when I read what it's actually about it lost its charm.

And the way for there to be 42 chapters is it depends on if the scans are going by the graphic novels, they come out on a slower schedule than the monthly mag does. The plus of waiting for the graphic novels is the author usually fixes errors. The mag can run a chapter or 2 per month (usually 1) & then they're collected into the graphic novel so if the translators wait for that, they'd be backed up from the people working off the chapters as they run in Asuka (or Zero-Sum). If they're buying Asuka to get the latest DNAngel, then they might be tempted to keep up on 07.

The thing is...07-Ghost isn't shounen and it's out monthly in Zero-Sum. So, that makes it shoujo for older girls. But obviously, there are guys that get into it too for the action. Since it's drawn in shoujo style, there are less action scenes than shounen much like D.N. Angel is shoujo too.

The 42 chapters are scanned from Zero-Sum. Not from the tankoubons themselves. (The series started from 2005.)

We also have to consider "fillers" that might be incorporated into the anime (to make the episodes stretch). Which might either be good or bad. It all depends on whether the animation company decides to just do 24-26 episodes and that's it. (And depending on their ratings, they could do a second season.)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1