• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Get Wild and Tough

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bahamut623

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:20 am Reply with quote
I can name all 13 from memory. I'm also surprised at how little publicity RE:CoM is getting, especially considering it comes out in a week or so. Maybe they rather spend their efforts on actual new games like Last Remnant. I played the GBA version, but it'll be nice seeing it in 3D...plus it fills in the Kingdom Hearts void until the next installments in the series.
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:21 am Reply with quote
Half the members of Organization 13 from memory? Let's see: Demyx, Saix, Marluxia, Roxas, Xenmas, Xaldin, Larxene, Axel

8 out of 13. Not bad for a guy who never played Chain of Memories. Razz
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Who Is This Guy!?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:22 am Reply with quote
Half the package, half the price, half the publicity. Razz Makes sense, yah?
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:27 am Reply with quote
bahamut623 wrote:
I can name all 13 from memory. I'm also surprised at how little publicity RE:CoM is getting, especially considering it comes out in a week or so. Maybe they rather spend their efforts on actual new games like Last Remnant. I played the GBA version, but it'll be nice seeing it in 3D...plus it fills in the Kingdom Hearts void until the next installments in the series.

Some folks would like the Final Mix versions of both Kingdom Hearts PS2 games to come out in the states. I've seen clips from KH2: FM where you can actually fight all the members of Organization 13, including those from Chains of Memories.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Jadress

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:30 am Reply with quote
So... wait, did they change Chun Li's standard fireball move into what that screenshot is? That game sure looks pretty, but man, I'd hate to have to bend way forward and stick my ass all the way out just to throw a fireball. I am so interested in the Prinny game.. even though I haven't even played the Disgaea series. I just like bootiful platformers and penguins.. Anime hyper
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Who Is This Guy!?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:30 am Reply with quote
Ggultra2764 wrote:
bahamut623 wrote:

Some folks would like the Final Mix versions of both Kingdom Hearts PS2 games to come out in the states. I've seen clips from KH2: FM where you can actually fight all the members of Organization 13, including those from Chains of Memories.

Some folks, but not most.

Would you dish out 40$ for the same game with a little more filling?
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:41 am Reply with quote
Who Is This Guy!? wrote:
Ggultra2764 wrote:
bahamut623 wrote:

To have the option to fight an Organization 13 member as many times as I want without having to reserve a save file for it, it would be worth it. Fighting the ones from Chains of Memories without the card format even makes my fanboy side squeal.

KH2: FM even has some additional side quests like searching for mushroom versions of Organization 13 members and a new hidden boss serving as a teaser for one of the upcoming Kingdom Hearts games.
blind_assassin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:14 am Reply with quote
Quote:
and even Square knows that a brand can only be pushed so often.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:31 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Of course, for the full effect you'll need to play SSFIITHDR with a spongy Fierce button, the scent of cheap, teenager-smoked cigarettes in the air, and an 11-year-old kid talking right behind you, his cracking, prepubescent voice explaining how Zangief sucks and how Cammy is hotter than Chun-Li.

Cammy's the most worthless fighter in the series, which makes me wonder why she got a more prominent role in the Van Damme movie.

Quote:
the visuals come close to the standards of Kingdom Hearts 2, and the cast, led by Haley Joel Osment's Sora,

Is he sober? Rolling Eyes

BTW, Hojo seemed amused by my suggestion that SEGA do a dating sim for City Hunter. I wish it became a reality, since it'd be the Japanese answer to Leisure Suit Larry.
Who Is This Guy!?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:35 am Reply with quote
Ggultra2764 wrote:
Who Is This Guy!? wrote:
Ggultra2764 wrote:
bahamut623 wrote:

To have the option to fight an Organization 13 member as many times as I want without having to reserve a save file for it, it would be worth it. Fighting the ones from Chains of Memories without the card format even makes my fanboy side squeal.

KH2: FM even has some additional side quests like searching for mushroom versions of Organization 13 members and a new hidden boss serving as a teaser for one of the upcoming Kingdom Hearts games.

That's just the fanboy talking.

Konami and Kojima know well enough that tweaked reissues of their games don't make enough monies stateside. Which is why Subsistence had a limited number of copies, and that's why there won't be a re-tweak of MGS4.

Sorry dude, but the ignorant masses outweigh your wants.

And for the note...you don't have to go and tell me all the nifty features FM+ has... >_> ...I have the game.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:38 am Reply with quote
Jadress wrote:
So... wait, did they change Chun Li's standard fireball move into what that screenshot is? That game sure looks pretty, but man, I'd hate to have to bend way forward and stick my ass all the way out just to throw a fireball.

But isn't that what Gon (Tekken) does to fart? Laughing
domino

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:10 am Reply with quote
I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who thought Final Fantasy XII's Ashe was a crazy bitch. :p (one of the many factors that made that game impossible for me to enjoy...)

Good post, as always. I should pick up that KH game if I get bored...
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:33 am Reply with quote
I have a friend who has no real interest in anime, with the exception of all things City Hunter. Looks like he'll be searching for a PCE emulator when he hears of this. For better or for worse.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:44 am Reply with quote
As someone who actively plays FFXI I'm excited over it getting included in Dissidia, but I would have chosen someone who isn't linked to one of the nations for this game. Aldo would probably have been my first choice sine they've done very little with him and he's featured in one of the upcoming expansions as well. Or Maat, arguably the strongest character in the game, who wouldn't want to play as a spry old man. Maybe Prishe to help up the male to female ratio or Salaheem because this game is lacking in cat girls. Anime catgrin

But she's being voiced by Megumi Hayashibara so that's an instant win right there. Very Happy

Emerje
BleuVII

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:47 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Get Excited If: You can name half of Organization XIII from memory. No Googling.

Xemnas, Xigbar, Demyx, Larxene, Zexion, Xaldin, Axel, Vexen, Roxas, Xion (No.14).

Is it okay for me to be excited now? Razz

So, now that I wrote all of these, I looked at wikipedia. How could I have forgotten Luxord, Marluxia, Lexaeus, and Saix? Crying or Very sad
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3