• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Professor Layton: The First Movie Set for January 2010

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
runimina

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:48 pm Reply with quote
EPIC.
<3
I can't wait to watch this~ I'm glad this series is getting so much attention.
bleuster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:18 pm Reply with quote
I never understood the phenomenon around this series, let alone the games.
Phoenix Wright would make sense and have potential if it were made into a show, but Layton? Alright...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ShugoYotsuba

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:25 pm Reply with quote
bleuster wrote:
I never understood the phenomenon around this series, let alone the games.
Phoenix Wright would make sense and have potential if it were made into a show, but Layton? Alright...

I would love to see Phoenix Wright as an anime, and see Ryuuichi Naruhodo/Phoenix Wright say "Objection!" animated and portrayed by Takayuki Kondo
Onsokumaru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:53 pm Reply with quote
I'd love to see a Phoenix Wright ANYTHING. Though, a Layton movie is fine too. Now I have motivation to play the game.
pajmo9

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:24 am Reply with quote
I bought the Professor Layton game a couple of months ago, but haven't had the chance to play it. I've played several other mystery puzzle games like Touch Detective, Trace Memory, and Hotel Dusk which I really enjoyed, but I've never played a Phoenix Wright game. Every body seems to like them, so I think I'll check them out.

I always liked the style the Professor Layton game was drawn in. It reminds me of a European cartoon. That, and the anime movie The Dog Of Flanders. I hope They animate the movie in the same style the game is animated in.
Agoston

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:01 am Reply with quote
Haha, this is great, I loved Curious Village.
bleuster wrote:

Phoenix Wright would make sense and have potential if it were made into a show

I'd definitely watch that, but I think a lot of the fun in the Ace Attorney series is actually figuring out the crime yourself. It'd still have great potential as an anime though.

Oh and pajmo, I've played all the games you mentioned too, (Hotel Dusk, Touch Detective, Professor Layton) and I loved the Ace Attorney series, you should definitely give it a shot. Hunt down the original first though, it's much more fun if you play them in order.
kitsunelady

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:10 am Reply with quote
=D! I loved Professor Layton & the Curious Village. I wish they'd bring the other two games to America as well. =( I can't read Japanese well, so buying a Japanese copy is out...
ShugoYotsuba

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:16 pm Reply with quote
Agoston wrote:
Haha, this is great, I loved Curious Village.
bleuster wrote:

Phoenix Wright would make sense and have potential if it were made into a show

I'd definitely watch that, but I think a lot of the fun in the Ace Attorney series is actually figuring out the crime yourself. It'd still have great potential as an anime though.

Oh and pajmo, I've played all the games you mentioned too, (Hotel Dusk, Touch Detective, Professor Layton) and I loved the Ace Attorney series, you should definitely give it a shot. Hunt down the original first though, it's much more fun if you play them in order.

As long as they get Takayuki Kondo to reprise his role as Ryuuichi Naruhodo/Phoenix Wright, I'd watch it!!
skyechan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:55 pm Reply with quote
Epic win!! <3 ...Now if we could just get the other two games out in the States.... =w=;;

Phoenix Wright anime? I like this idea! Why the hell hasn't Capcom approached any studios about it? I think it'd be easy money for them. O_o;
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1