• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 2nd Hajime no Ippo Show Named, Dated: New Challenger on January 6

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Riliont

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:21 am Reply with quote
Easily the best news I've heard all year.. waited a long time for this. Cant wait to watch gonna be a great way to start off the new year.
Shawaazu

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:47 pm Reply with quote
Awesome! I can't wait to watch this. Very Happy
Onizuka666

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:54 pm Reply with quote
I'd have to agree. Hajime no Ippo manga still isn't available in the west, a real shame I think.

More Hajime anime might eventually get someone to take a chance on this superb manga series. Its huge but I'd love to own it, and share it with my non manga friends.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Raoh

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:13 pm Reply with quote
Based on the title itself, I think its safe to believe this is a continuation of the previous series. Which is good, I didn't really wanna wait through all those episodes again to get to more new stuff.

Looking forward to this, though. Very Happy
ParaParaJMo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:32 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, they are going to start with Miyata vs Arnie
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Jedi General

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:58 pm Reply with quote
I just took a look at the staff for the new series, and my first thought was this:

Damn.

Satoshi Nishimura is not returning as series director (although he's probably occupied with Trigun the Movie), and Tsuneo Imahori is not returning to provide the music (although he hasn't done anime-related work for quite a few years now). Thankfully, one of the screenwriters from the first series is returning, and character designer Koji Sugiura is returning as well. Madhouse will be the production studio once again, along with Kohei Kiyasu playing the titular character so some original components are still in place, at least.

Still, Imahori and Nishimura will undoubtedly be greatly missed. Anime cry

I still need to hurry up and finish watching the first series though. Currently 16 episodes to go, plus the OAV and the special.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Martin_g

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:48 pm Reply with quote
I really enjoyed this show, but unfortunately the DVD sales were poor so the chances that this series will be brought to the US are not good.
slaterminn

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:44 pm Reply with quote
zomg this is the best news i have heard in ages! even better is the fact that they are starting right where they finished with all the original seiyuu!

I read a while after and where the original series ended is where it starts to get really good! Just think of the following...

- Date/Martinez
- Takamura/Hawk
- Ippo/Sawamura
- Takamura/Eagle (EPIC!)
- Most of all Takamura's ecchi beach moments!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1