• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Survey: Bonus Skins

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:31 pm Reply with quote
Haibane Renmei, Figure 17, and Cowboy Bebop for me.

But mostly I would like the current skins to work in the forums. Which they haven't done for a couple weeks now. Neutral
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
kyokun703

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:10 pm Reply with quote
Mushishi, Bakeneko, and Samurai Champloo for me. I would love to have a skin with the paper art-style from Bakeneko. Mononoke is probably my most wanted license at this point.
bonbonsrus

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:27 pm Reply with quote
See, favorite anime and anime skin I would like most are different things for me. Except in the case of Mushi-shi. I want vibrant colors and beautiful art, nothing too dark to look at, and so while I debated Figure 17, I ended up not voting for it as I worried it would look too...dull? Same with Haibane Renmei in some ways.
I picked Mushi-shi, Fushigi Yuugi, and Spirited Away. Or Totoro...?
I was debating between those, they would be ones I would love looking at for awhile.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:30 pm Reply with quote
I voted, but I really aren't interested in this sort of gimmick. I'll stick to the default one- doesn't turn too many heads when I'm in a crowded room.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:32 pm Reply with quote
kyokun703 wrote:
I would love to have a skin with the paper art-style from Bakeneko.

Definitely. It was hard to choose, but that one was a must for me. I'd just love to see something stylistic from that series. I also picked Last Exile (cause I'm biased toward Range Murata's art) and Mushi-Shi. There were so many others I'd like to choose, like Lain and Figure 17.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
bci110

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:12 pm Reply with quote
Dargonxtc wrote:
But mostly I would like the current skins to work in the forums. Which they haven't done for a couple weeks now. Neutral

Agreed. It would be nice if the special skins would work on all of the sections of the site.

As for me, it's ARIA, Death Note, and a write-in vote for Shugo Chara.
interestedno

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:29 pm Reply with quote
Chi's Sweet home, Lucky Star and Samurai Champloo
fighterholic

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:31 pm Reply with quote
Lucky Star and Hellsing, preferably the OVA.
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:30 am Reply with quote
R.O.D., OMG, and... I forget the third one I picked, but I don't think it had a three letter acronym.
daxomni

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:20 pm Reply with quote
bonbonsrus wrote:
I picked Mushi-shi, Fushigi Yuugi, and Spirited Away.

I ended up voting for Mushishi, Princess Tutu, and Spirited Away. Fushigi Yugi was also a top pick of mine but I just didn't know if the source material would be good enough so I picked Princess Tutu instead.

Anyway, here are some random thoughts on some of the suggestions so far...

Berserk, Cowboy Bebop, Fushigi Yuugi - Nice Series that would make good backgrounds, but I'm not sure the source material would be high enough quality.

DragonballZ, Elfen Lied, FLCL, Sailor Moon - If I could vote against these I would.

Evangelion - Too familiar as it is, no need to flood my eyes with even more of this.

Gankutsuou, Ghost in the Shell - Nice visuals, but I didn't really get into the series.

Haibane Renmei - Just way too plain.

Last Exile - Wonderful visuals, but I think I've already had my fill.

The Place Promised In Our Early Days - Nice visuals, but god was that a boring title, couldn't even finish it.

Totoro, My Neighbor - Timeless
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:33 pm Reply with quote
I voted for Black Lagoon, Oh My Goddess, and X "TV". I'm a bit saddened as I see the ones that are leading the votes are too obvious really. Kind of makes me wonder why bothering to have nominations when you know it'll come down to a small handful of more current and popular titles. Oh well. I would have voted for Aria but I knew it would have more the OMG and X.
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:06 pm Reply with quote
Lucky Star is winning now? Aw, nuts. Mushishi would be cool, and it was winning when I voted, but Lucky Star is a really polarizing show. I don't even find the art that appealing.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:21 am Reply with quote
I was just wondering if there was any way to enable a function that would allow us to upload our own personal skins just like with how we can upload our own avatars? I'm a computer noob, as I've mentioned countless times, so I'm not sure if this is even feasible or not. Just kind of tossing the idea out though.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1