• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sequel to Nodame Cantabile: Paris Green-Lit for Fall 2009

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kakoishii

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:59 am Reply with quote
Now this is sequel news that I can totally be excited about Smile
This is awesome, I always felt a little bummed that the second season would only be half the length of the first but now that it's been green-lit for a 3rd I'm super excited. The only real let down is we'll have to wait until next fall for the 3rd season Confused would have liked it more if it was premiering in the winter (especially since a lot of the winter anime premiers look pretty abysmal).
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:06 am Reply with quote
With next season, I hope the makers are smart enough not to rush the plot and shorten the orchestras and musical performances. Doing that gave me fits watching this season of the series.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Aikoh

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:30 am Reply with quote
This was excellent news to wake up to! I don't think I could ever get tired of this series and its many adaptations. I was also disappointed that the animated Paris chapter was going to end soon, particularly since I have not been able to follow the manga and the Paris chapter special of the drama was so brief, but this has made my day!
Jacut

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:35 am Reply with quote
Fantastic, this made my day, really!

The only question I have in mind now is: will the third season continue the Nodame "best anime of the year" winning streak for the third time in a row?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:09 pm Reply with quote
Ggultra2764 wrote:
With next season, I hope the makers are smart enough not to rush the plot and shorten the orchestras and musical performances. Doing that gave me fits watching this season of the series.

I'm glad I'm not the only person who feels that way! Maybe it was the change in director? Kenichi Kasai had good experience with a music-heavy manga adaptation from "Honey and Clover," but the only other works Chiaki Kon has directed are the "Higurashi" and "Junjou Romantica" series.
rg4619

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:20 pm Reply with quote
vashfanatic wrote:
Ggultra2764 wrote:

I'm glad I'm not the only person who feels that way! Maybe it was the change in director? Kenichi Kasai had good experience with a music-heavy manga adaptation from "Honey and Clover," but the only other works Chiaki Kon has directed are the "Higurashi" and "Junjou Romantica" series.

I'd bet that it boils down to the 11 episode limitation. Nevertheless, the way Chiaki Kon has coped with constraints is supposedly similar to how she handled Higurashi. Her style is to focus on making one thing very good (the comedy in Nodame and the horror in Higurashi), so that even if the plot is rushed, viewers have something to savour.

It's hardly elegant, but probably more palatable than trying to accomplish everything (humor, music, character development), yet failing to make any one aspect stand out. With only 11 episodes, I don't think she has much of a choice.
Splitter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:46 pm Reply with quote
Del Rey publishes Nodame Cantabile, not Viz.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:57 pm Reply with quote
hells yeah
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:06 pm Reply with quote
rg4619 wrote:
Her style is to focus on making one thing very good (the comedy in Nodame and the horror in Higurashi), so that even if the plot is rushed, viewers have something to savour.

"Savoring" something usually requires taking time to let the experience soak in. I agree that "Higurashi" was great, but this season has been way too rushed. It seems to just hurry on from one plot point to the next without taking the time to let us "savor" it. It's more like a sampling of the manga.
_Earthwyrm_

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:32 pm Reply with quote
Well, all I really want to say in this post is 'Yay', but I fear that a one-word post would get me glares from the moderators, so I'm going to go with this long ol' intro to my post before I post that which is at its core - an expression of gratitude and delight that there will be a third series. Yay. Very Happy

Actually, I'm a few episodes behind on the current season, and though it did seem to be going at a remarkable pace (for context, I have not read the manga), I wasn't disappointed with the orchestral scenes. Sure, it's true that they were shorter than in the first season, but what I'd seen put a lot more emphasis on the conductor's motion. It was nice, I think, to get a different representation of those scenes in this season.
Kiriska

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:38 pm Reply with quote
YES!

I was also bummed at the shortened length of the second season, so I'm totally psyched for a third round. :D
sabriyahm

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:19 pm Reply with quote
I watched Nodame the live action version. I have never seen the animes. Now that the anime story with this third season will go a bit further then the live action story line I may finally check this show out. I really love the live action version so I worry the anime can't live up to it's hype with me. Anyone here seen both?
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:24 pm Reply with quote
sabriyahm wrote:
I watched Nodame the live action version. I have never seen the animes. Now that the anime story with this third season will go a bit further then the live action story line I may finally check this show out. I really love the live action version so I worry the anime can't live up to it's hype with me. Anyone here seen both?

Yes, I've seen both, and they're both great. The anime follows the plot of the manga a little closer, though.
bleuster

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:42 pm Reply with quote
Wow. This series must be really popular. Is the story any good?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:55 pm Reply with quote
bleuster wrote:
Wow. This series must be really popular. Is the story any good?

No, the story is boring and stupid... yeesh, what a question! Rolling Eyes
Obviously those of us who like it think it's good!

Look it up on ANN or wiki, see if it sounds interesting to you.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2