• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Eureka Seven Movie's Title, Release Date Announced

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DFBTG

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:15 am Reply with quote
Have they even announced what exactly the movie's supposed to be about? While I haven't seen all of Eureka Seven, I'd be interested in seeing this, but if it's a continuation, well...yeah.
Jarmel

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:15 am Reply with quote
LOL sounds like a skittles commercial.

Anyway good to get a release date, now I want a trailer.
Looks like Bones is going to be busy in April.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:45 am Reply with quote
finally SOME info...can't wait
bahamut623

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:05 am Reply with quote
WOO! I'm super excited for this movie, so any info is good info. I like that image too. Can't wait!

As for the first poster's question: I'm pretty sure this is an alternate universe type of story. For one thing, Eureka and Renton are younger than they were in the series. So far, it doesn't seem like a sequel at all.
Satiety

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:18 am Reply with quote
Jarmel wrote:
LOL sounds like a skittles commercial.

Exactly what I had in mind Anime hyper

Hearing this news after watching Eureka Seven years ago makes me excited!~ I'm glad it wasn't just shurgged off like that. Now I'm hoping for a trailer soon and also "hoping" whether it actually is a continuation of what happened at the end of the series.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:30 am Reply with quote
They should do a movie that's exclusively about Anemone, Dominic, and Gulliver. If you ask me, Anemone and Gulliver was a far more interesting couple than Eureka and Renton and just better characters overall.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Monster in a box

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:40 am Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
They should do a movie that's exclusively about Anemone, Dominic, and Gulliver. If you ask me, Anemone and Gulliver was a far more interesting couple than Eureka and Renton and just better characters overall.

Yeah, I think that's the general consensus, at least on the english speaking internet. If the show had focused on Dominic and Anemone more, maybe it would've been as good as everybody keeps saying it is.
Top Gun

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:05 am Reply with quote
Monster in a box wrote:

Yeah, I think that's the general consensus, at least on the english speaking internet.

Not on my tiny corner of it. Razz Eureka and Renton easily have my favorite relationship of any anime couple.

I wasn't exactly sold on the idea of telling any additional stories in the universe, since I loved the show as it stood, but damn if that image doesn't make me intensely curious. I can't wait to hear more about this.
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:33 am Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:

I completely agree. Also I'm in the minority but I thought that Moondoggie and Gidget were cute together so I want to see more of them too.
I would love to see a continuation though. As far as the whole Scub Coral thing goes I think they ended it pretty well but as far as the characters go there is much more to explore.
teh*darkness

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:03 am Reply with quote
This is exactly the motivation I needed to dust off my DVDs and actually watch this series. Never quite got around to it as they were being released. Can't wait to see if this'll make it over here before 2011.
Who Is This Guy!?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:03 am Reply with quote
Moar Moondoggie & Gidget please.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:01 am Reply with quote
Can I too say this movie is already a BIG FAIL before I even get a chance to see it? (I just wanna be part of the cool crowd that everybody is doing it these days.) Laughing
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:28 am Reply with quote
While I'm glad to hear about the movie I do wish they'd post some info. I mean with how the series ended there's not much they could do with it short of taking it in some new direction that's mostly unrelated to the series. If they do that hopefully they'll at least tryto tie it into the series somehow. Hope ANN gets some news about a plot soon.
halo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:50 am Reply with quote
Funny, I thought Hilda and Matthieu were the best couple from the show...

Anywho, the illustration from the website is freekin awesome! Hopefully they don't screw this up.

PS. Isn't it sad you almost always expect these things to fail miserably?
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:02 am Reply with quote
halo wrote:
Funny, I thought Hilda and Matthieu were the best couple from the show...

Hey, you're not alone there, but honestly, I thought all the couples were interesting.

I'm excited for the movie, especially because (from what I've heard) it's not a compilation movie! Seriously, when I heard Gurren Lagann's movie was a compilation, I was like, "why?! The animation was already incredible, you can only improve it by a little!". With One Piece and Gundam, I understand, their animation isn't as close to movie quality so they can give their arcs a "better animation but shorter story" feel, but even then I'd prefer an original story (which is why I'm really looking forward to One Piece movie 10).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2