• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 3rd Macross Frontier Album Sells 86,450 to Rank #2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
W-General

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:41 pm Reply with quote
A proud and happy owner of all 3 Macross Frontier OSTs + all Macross Frontier singles here. Very glad that I contributed to the great sales of this album by ordering it...it as a stretch for it to get #1 in the first place considering the EXILE album came out this week as well, but still a great job well done. LOVE THE SHERYL COVER! (Alto x Sheryl for the win!)

Congratulations to the staff of Macross and May'n, whose beautiful voice was definitely what lifted all 3 OSTs to such great heights. I can say with confidence that she is one of the most talented under-20 j-pop artist today, and she has a bright future ahead of her. Well done! I'll definitely be ordering the May'n Street mini-album.
MrVince

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:52 pm Reply with quote
I'm scared yet curious to hear what this Bobby Margot single will sound!
Kougeru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:08 pm Reply with quote
this is kinda sad because the vocal album was like 90% the same songs as the other CDs combined.
Westlo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:13 pm Reply with quote
*waits for "This only sold because of Yoko Kanno" posts even though it vastly outsold everthing else in her career*

*waits for "This only sold because of the Macross name" posts even though it vastly outsold the OSTS for Macross Plus and Zero*
Patches

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:47 pm Reply with quote
So... are they ever going to release those songs from the Ozma episode?
nechronius

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:56 am Reply with quote
MrVince wrote:
I'm scared yet curious to hear what this Bobby Margot single will sound!

Whatever it is, it can't be worse than the day Gigile sang...
Kaioshin_Sama

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:02 am Reply with quote
Patches wrote:

Maybe once they're done making a killing off of redoing Aimo a couple dozen more times they'll eventually get around to it. In all honesty though these Macross albums are quickly becoming a joke. I don't care how much they outsold the previous series albums, the first album is still really the only one worth writing home about if even.
marek1712

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:12 am Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
this is kinda sad because the vocal album was like 90% the same songs as the other CDs combined.

Yea, the same thoutghs here. Pretty sad - instead of releasing few other songs (ep8 - Sheryl wrecking Mihoshi Academy) they remixed those already present :/
Quote:

Maybe you should think about getting Macross 7 soundtrack? Laughing No use publishing it for the tenth time.
Labbes

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:12 am Reply with quote
Kaioshin_Sama wrote:
Patches wrote:

Maybe once they're done making a killing off of redoing Aimo a couple dozen more times they'll eventually get around to it. In all honesty though these Macross albums are quickly becoming a joke. I don't care how much they outsold the previous series albums, the first album is still really the only one worth writing home about if even.

All of the great Ranka songs are on OST 2, so if you like her voice/songs/whatever more than Sheryl, OST 2 is great, although the "score" is not as good as OST 1's
Westlo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:32 pm Reply with quote
Kaioshin_Sama wrote:
Patches wrote:

Instead of being snarky why don't you tell him that song from the Ozma episode is Try Again by Firebomber from Macross 7. Though really this is a strange omission coming from you.... you did watch the episode right? You wouldn't do something like watch half the series and than pretend you've seen it all so you can whine about it... nah you wouldn't do that would you :roll:
ntsan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:52 am Reply with quote
Consider how many albums Macross 7 have I bet there will be more to be released (*cough*movie)

And funny to people complaining about songs that already have dozen releases and are pissed that it is not included "again" on this release Laughing
Murasakisuishou

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:01 am Reply with quote
Labbes wrote:

All of the great Ranka songs are on OST 2, so if you like her voice/songs/whatever more than Sheryl, OST 2 is great, although the "score" is not as good as OST 1's

I actually liked the 'score' pieces on OST 2 a lot better than those on OST 1 - a lot of my favorites (High School Life, Prologue F, shadow of Michael) are on there, and I have to say, I'm really not fond of the whole John Williams thing that Ms. Kanno had going on for this soundtrack. The less 'action' music, the better.

Plus OST 2 has Northern Cross and Yousei. <3
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Labbes

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:15 am Reply with quote
Murasakisuishou wrote:
Labbes wrote:

I actually liked the 'score' pieces on OST 2 a lot better than those on OST 1 - a lot of my favorites (High School Life, Prologue F, shadow of Michael) are on there, and I have to say, I'm really not fond of the whole John Williams thing that Ms. Kanno had going on for this soundtrack. The less 'action' music, the better.

Plus OST 2 has Northern Cross and Yousei. <3

I might be too unsubtle for those, I just plain love Big Boys and Private Army - and the SMS song! I can't wait for the single to come out Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1