• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
PR: Funimation: Heads Up: New Show A-Go-Go Starts Monday

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DFBTG

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:42 pm Reply with quote
Heard about this a day or so ago...looking forward to it. I just hope I'm not disappointed. There's 10 chances for them announce something I want to be brought over here. I am curious as to what exactly they'll be though. Hoping some of them will be Dennou Coil, Kure-Nai, Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora (doubt it...), and/or Strike Witches. I hate waiting...
Megiddo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:49 pm Reply with quote
Oh man, Hantsuki would just be super awesome, but I also doubt it.

I'm sure Soul Eater will be the big one, along with Reborn.

Dennou Coil I'm expecting, Slayers Revolution as well, and prolly the second season of Shana or Zero (or maybe both!).

I'd love to see Kaiba licensed, but I don't think FUNi would take a chance with it. Seems more like a Geneon title, but sadly, they're not around anymore to pick up the seinen titles.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:17 pm Reply with quote
I'm expecting a lot too, but I feel as if they're going to go after shit titles for some reason. I guess we'll see.
Mistypearl

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:46 pm Reply with quote
*HigurashiKaiHigurashiKaiHigurashiKai*

That concludes my tribal dance infused with wishful thinking Smile

Well, I'm definately looking forward to Monday
AirCooledMan_2006

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:40 pm Reply with quote
Please, PLEASE GET MEINE LIEBE!

That and Slayers Revolution, Monster, Ah! My Goddess: Fighting Wings, Ocean Waves (Why should Disney have a near-monopoly on all things Studio Ghibli?), and Strike Witches.

While we're at it, there's still a bunch of Geneon titles that haven't been rescued that FUNi still needs to pick up before someone else gets them.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nebs

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:56 pm Reply with quote
Clues abound on the Funimation website. If you don't want to go on a scavanger hunt to find them all, I gathered all the clues & my conclusions here:

http://nebs66.livejournal.com/843652.html

spoiler[Vandread, Soul Eater, & Evangelion] look to be sure things.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Labbes

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:38 am Reply with quote
AirCooledMan_2006 wrote:

That and Slayers Revolution, Monster, Ah! My Goddess: Fighting Wings, Ocean Waves (Why should Disney have a near-monopoly on all things Studio Ghibli?), and Strike Witches.

While we're at it, there's still a bunch of Geneon titles that haven't been rescued that FUNi still needs to pick up before someone else gets them.

Ocean Waves will be, I believe, released in Germany with English subs, so you could import it if you want to.
Release date is not set, though, but it shouldn't be more than 3-4 months now.
AirCooledMan_2006

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:46 am Reply with quote
Labbes wrote:
AirCooledMan_2006 wrote:

Ocean Waves will be, I believe, released in Germany with English subs, so you could import it if you want to.

But...but...I don't want to pay more for my anime than I would here. I want to get it here in the States!

Lousy exchange rates and tarriffs...
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Labbes

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:52 am Reply with quote
AirCooledMan_2006 wrote:
Labbes wrote:
AirCooledMan_2006 wrote:

But...but...I don't want to pay more for my anime than I would here. I want to get it here in the States!

Since the DVD price is already set at ~40$, the overall price could easily be a little more than 50$. Expensive, but better than nothing, right? Smile
Anyhow, I'm sure Funi has rescued some Geneon titles, and while I would be happy to see Texhnolyze there, I doubt it. I would love to see Spice and Wolf licensed as well.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:08 am Reply with quote
They've snagged spoiler[Evangelion Rebuild]? Ahahaha, I'm laughing so hard at ADV right now.

spoiler[Now watch Vic Mignogna be Shinji.]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Monster in a box

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:58 am Reply with quote
spoiler[I refuse to acccept any English VA other than Spike Spencer as Shinji Sad]

C'mon, School Days. I know everybody but me hated it, and it wouldn't sell, but I really really want it to come out over here. Kaiba would be nice too.
Starks

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:18 am Reply with quote
ConanSan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:06 am Reply with quote
Starks wrote:
The flipin' hell? spoiler[Gad Guard] is a) Not how you spell "My Wife is a mermaid" or "Soul Eater" and b) Not a new show.

Also, dood, that sounds more like spoiler[Dennou Coil] anyway.

I would like the number of Geneon Re-aqusitions to be kept to a low in light of the C&Ding that was previosly done a few months back.

Monster in a box wrote:
spoiler[I refuse to acccept any English VA other than Spike Spencer as Shinji Sad]

It's not like Funi are against puting other VA than thier normal cast in shows anyway, hence the awesome of Hoehimen DinoBot Jesus
bci110

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:39 am Reply with quote
Nebs wrote:
Clues abound on the Funimation website. If you don't want to go on a scavanger hunt to find them all, I gathered all the clues & my conclusions here:

http://nebs66.livejournal.com/843652.html

spoiler[Vandread, Soul Eater, & Evangelion] look to be sure things.

Clue 1: spoiler[Vandread]
Clue 2: spoiler[Gad Guard]
Clue 3: spoiler[Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo]
Clue 4: spoiler[Last Exile]
Clue 5: no idea
Clue 6: spoiler[Soul Eater]
Clue 7: spoiler[Evangelion Rebuild movies]
Clue 8: spoiler[Dokkoida?!]
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:14 am Reply with quote
AirCooledMan_2006 wrote:

You learn to cope with it eventually. The fact that a product you're interested in exists somewhere in the world is more than can be said for some of the things I'm interested in.

Sorry, I must try to show more cheer this time of year.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5