• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Cross Game Baseball Manga Reportedly to Get TV Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZODDGUTS

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:40 am Reply with quote
Oh man I'm so looking forward to this, hope this time they'll animate all of the story not just part of it like they did with H2.
kakoishii

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:38 am Reply with quote
I've only ever read Touch so I don't know much about this one, but knowing how Adachi is able to story tell (despite being completely disinterested in baseball the guy manage to make me care Razz ), if it's anything like Touch was I'll totally add this to my to watch list for the spring.
wayspooled

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:08 pm Reply with quote
I've read most of what Adachi Mitsuru has published and next to Touch, I'd say Cross Game (140 chapters so far) and Katsu (boxing) are his best. I also have a love for H2 but the H2 anime ending was kinda made up and strange because they decided to end it before he was finished writing the manga.

Anyway, Cross Game is dynamite. Smile
Zipper

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:31 pm Reply with quote
That's awesome. I haven't read Cross Game yet but since it's Misturu Adachi I'm sure it will be great. It's a shame more people don't realize that they don't have to be interested in sports to enjoy a sports anime.
Jedi General

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:25 pm Reply with quote
Zipper wrote:
It's a shame more people don't realize that they don't have to be interested in sports to enjoy a sports anime.

Hear hear! In fact, I have become a huge fan of baseball thanks to my enjoyment of Ookiku Furikabutte when I wasn't particularly interested in the sport prior to watching the show.

I haven't seen or read anything Adachi Mitsuru, but I probably should, given what I've heard about Touch and the like. Definitely going to keep an eye on Cross Game.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Zipper

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:42 pm Reply with quote
Jedi General wrote:
Hear hear! In fact, I have become a huge fan of baseball thanks to my enjoyment of Ookiku Furikabutte when I wasn't particularly interested in the sport prior to watching the show.

I haven't seen or read anything Adachi Mitsuru, but I probably should, given what I've heard about Touch and the like. Definitely going to keep an eye on Cross Game.

I'm not really into any sports but have enjoyed my fair share of sports anime (football, basketball, soccer, baseball, boxing, Go [lol], etc.). Touch is one of my all-time favorites and I can't even sit through one inning of real baseball lol. Ookiku Furikabutte is on my to-watch list.

For you I would highly, highly, highly recommend watching Touch. Very Happy
Foolworm

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:57 am Reply with quote
This is incredibly exciting but also horribly frustrating, since CG is currently on a 6 month break. Oh well, I guess, it ramps up speculation and whatnot; hopefully, it won't go the way H2 did.

I've read almost everything Adachi's put out except maybe Niji-iro and some of his really early short stories, and watched a fair amount of his stuff too. Since there has been no animated adaptations of his works since the aforementioned H2 (was hoping for OVA Idol A but all there was barely amounted to a commercial), I have high expectations.
Ostsol

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:58 am Reply with quote
I think I'd have preferred Katsu! over Cross Game. The former is much less derivative of his earlier works.
Pirkaf

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:38 am Reply with quote
I love Touch anime and H2 live action so this could be good..
Doggie Kruger

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:37 pm Reply with quote
This is wounderful, I love Adachi's works.

Love Touch, H2 and Cross Game, but my favourite work is Rough.

I think there's another anime of baseball by Adachi called Nine.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:45 pm Reply with quote
Doggie Kruger wrote:
I think there's another anime of baseball by Adachi called Nine.

manga#5526

It seems that there's still a movie version not yet included in the Encyclopedia. I'll look up more info and add it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1