• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Fullmetal Alchemist Anime's Staff Confirmed

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DFBTG

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:59 am Reply with quote
Not unexpectedly, this seems to be in more than capable hands. Of course, I'd still like to know what exactly it's supposed to be about. Wouldn't mind a FMA 'Ultimate', and from what scant things they've shown I'm pretty sure they're ignoring the movie/last episode.
Kiriska

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:13 am Reply with quote
I'm pretty ambivalent about this cast so far, but I'm hugely disappointed that Michiru Ooshima won't be reprising as the composer. It looks like this series in general is going to be pretty different from the original, but yeah, I'd really love to know what it's actually going to be about.
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:18 am Reply with quote
Speaking of Oshima Michiru, did anyone know he/she (dunno) does the music for Nabari no Ou and Fancy Lala? I wonder if the new series will have that Russian song called "Brothers"?
Kiriska

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:20 am Reply with quote
Oshima's credits are here; it seems she did work on Nabari no Ou, but not Fancy Lala.
posterior_praiser

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:44 am Reply with quote
I dunno. I hope they'll get Kugimiya Rie and Paku Romi back at least. :/ For me anyway, their performances as those characters are not easily replaceble, which is why I was kind of bleh on the dub.
Hikari06

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:47 am Reply with quote
I'm a little surprised that the new FMA series isn't using the same director as the old one. It'll be interesting to see how different the story and overall quality is. And I hope they keep Paku Romi and Rie Kugimiya also. Why fix what isn't broken, I say.
v1cious

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:56 am Reply with quote
Mizushima's not directing? i wonder what kind of approach they're taking with this one.
Panda Man

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:41 am Reply with quote
Hmmm... It should still be good. Though hopefully a US release won't be too far off. This would make a nice HD release whether it is digital or Blu-Ray, so hopefully whoever picks it up will do that.

As for the voices, I was hoping they wouldn't change them. Oh well, I guess it has to be done.
Big Hed

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:43 am Reply with quote
April can't come soon enough, as far as I'm concerned.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:50 am Reply with quote
This is a good opportunity for FUNimation to pre-license this on the double and do that simultaneous, sub-only streaming similar to Shikabane Hime.
rankothefiremage

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:43 pm Reply with quote
The old director is busy Gundaming right now

I honestly hope any big company besides Funi gets this one. Maybe Bandai or lets see ADV stick it to Funi for once. Hell even Viz with their holding of the manga means they might go for it.

-Gabe, he who thinks funi it too big
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
mglittlerobin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:48 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if this'll be any good. I like the original anime, maybe this'll be more like the manga. I haven't gotten that from the library yet either, busy reading Bleach, but I'll start that as soon as I finish that.
Majin Tenshi

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:32 pm Reply with quote
I am looking forward for this series, it would be a let down if they changed the seiyuu from the previous one Mad
blind_assassin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:37 pm Reply with quote
Are they starting from Volume 1 Chapter 1 or just animating from before the diverge in the original animated series?

Regardless, jazzed for this series. Particularly since nothing really gripped me this season since it's all sequels and uninteresting romance series.
Murasakisuishou

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:50 pm Reply with quote
I'm actually sort of glad they didn't get Mizushima back - as much as I love him as a director, his style just didn't work for FMA. There were a lot of places where the first series seemed really disjointed.

Of course, if they don't get that cast he usually works with back, I'm not watching this. Razz
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4