• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hetalia Axis Powers Web Manga to Run in Comic Birz Mag

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maryohki

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:23 pm Reply with quote
Well, this is nice! More Hetalia for the people! Still a shame that there's little to no chance of a season 2 for the anime, though. *still infuriated by the anime's lack of Prussia*
sepherest

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:40 pm Reply with quote
Maryohki wrote:
Well, this is nice! More Hetalia for the people! Still a shame that there's little to no chance of a season 2 for the anime, though. *still infuriated by the anime's lack of Prussia*

I wish they would make a second season, because I'd definately like it to focus on a few other countries....mainly Sweden and Finland.
Their cameo at the meeting in episode 1 isn't enough!
heavyweather

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:18 pm Reply with quote
Maryohki wrote:
still infuriated by the anime's lack of Prussia

At least Prussia was in the Manga. From what I understand, Norway doesn't have a representation at all.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:21 pm Reply with quote
Due to what happened to the anime listing, I am surprized this didn't affect sales. At this point, I can't imagine this series ever having a second season. Cancelation is pretty serious.
championferret

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:10 am Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
Due to what happened to the anime listing, I am surprized this didn't affect sales. At this point, I can't imagine this series ever having a second season. Cancelation is pretty serious.

You have to remember that the cancelling had basically zero to do with popularity.
Also correct me if I'm wrong on this; but Penguin Girl Musume Heart, which I'm pretty sure was a web-only anime, was going to get a second season wasnt it?
In the end it probably depends on dvd sales.
mimipon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:15 am Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:

Actually, the fuss over Hetalia made it even more popular in Japan. Before the protest many otakus didn't know much about it or just hadn't payed much attention. What's funny is after the protest the web manga got otakus attention and it looks like it has made Hetalia otaku fan boys along with the fan girls and they are saying China moe~ or Poland is cuteee. Twisted Evil
If the DVD sells well, there will be the second season I think.

By the way. I want to purchase those figures when they are available. They look so cute.

http://akibahobby.net/2009/01/kotobukiya_hetalia_color_sample.html
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1