• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime News Nina! - 2009-01-28

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
_Earthwyrm_

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:55 am Reply with quote
Steroid wrote:
If you can't counter the other person's argument, you have to agree with it, and you have to live with it as true.

I disagree, citing a load of nonsense, circular logic, tangential musings and generally ill-conceived notions to support my argument. I will cite these things as many times as is necessary.
joshuafer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:52 am Reply with quote
haha funny stuff, love the gurren lagann symbol for the avatar pick.

So it said Otaku on his shirt ? Nice .
Ai no Kareshi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:58 am Reply with quote
joshuafer wrote:

首のひげ = neckbeard
dtm42

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:16 am Reply with quote
Ai no Kareshi wrote:
joshuafer wrote:

首のひげ = neckbeard

I think joshuafer was talking about the writing on Kevin's shirt.
BleuVII

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:17 am Reply with quote
Ai no Kareshi wrote:
joshuafer wrote:

首のひげ = neckbeard

Yes, but Kevin's shirt has always said オタク, or Otaku.

Also, my dictionary is telling me that 首, when read "kubi", is also a slang word for "unemployed." If so, that's an awesome play on words!

And this comic hurt so much because it was true. I've been in this situations far too many times to count. I'll even admit that, a few times, when I was 16, I was on the other side of it too. But I've at least always typed in a coherent fashion.
Ai no Kareshi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:20 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
I think joshuafer was talking about the writing on Kevin's shirt.

My bad, then. Smile
dtm42

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:26 am Reply with quote
Ai no Kareshi wrote:
My bad, then. Smile

It's okay, you were just trying to be helpful.

To be honest, I can't read one bit of Japanese. It's just that I remembered (from like the first or second instalment of Anime News Nina) that Kevin's shirt said "Otaku". So that's how I knew who joshuafer was talking about.
Dream24

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:41 am Reply with quote
That is so true!

I laughed way too loudly at work and my co-workers are staring at me....
Mistypearl

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:42 am Reply with quote
Greed1914 wrote:

That is the very question I wonder myself. Especially since web browsers come with spell-check, so the glaring red line should tip them off, or one would hope. It's impossible for me to take somebody seriously, no matter their argument, if they don't put in the effort to write in a coherent manner.

Actually only Firefox has that, and Safari, but that's no excuse for bad spelling. ;D (Or maybe other browers, but I know IE doesn't)

[quote=Agent355]Just imagine being a 13-year-old trying to break up a fight between a Jesus Freak and a Wiccan with "You're both wrong!" and think that you're somehow saving ythe world by doing it....

Just...a bad idea. Man, the things I said and did back then.... I'm still ashamed of it.
[/quote]

Ouch. Though I'm not that much better today, I remember my first times on the interwebs o__o But ouch, I can imagine...

I also liked the use of ANN's forums haha I bet the join dates are some kind of cryptic code for the day when the world ends or something. Someone should look that up ;D
billyarnie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:59 am Reply with quote
Mad_Scientist wrote:
Ai no Kareshi wrote:
Richard J. wrote:
I love to point this out to Mr. I Won On The Internet but when someone gives up arguing with you, it doesn't mean you won. Actually, it means you have the mind of a brick wall, as in the old saying about how it's pointless to argue with a brick wall. You didn't win, everyone else just decided to stop wasting their time debating mindless granite.

What I find really annoying is when this is used the other way around. People post their blind assertions and as soon as you counter them with some real arguments, they get "tired" and "give up on you", effectively framing you as the stubborn ass.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I don't encounter this kind of poster much here & on some other forums, but on the Adult Swim Message Board these n00bs & morons seem to crawl out of the cyber-woodwork. Sometimes a troll will hook me & I just have to angrily reply intelligently... like Kevin AKA Kevlar. Yet in the end, let the neckbearded 30-something win... saves me stress & aggravation.

About the comic... excellent as usual, Robin! Loli for an avatar = creepozoid!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Viga_of_stars

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:01 am Reply with quote
Too sad. Too true. Too funny.
SailorButterfly

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:25 am Reply with quote
Just remember: fighting on the internet is like the Special Olympics. Even if you win, you're still a retard*.

*with apologies to anyone actually in the Special Olympics

Richard J. wrote:
Anyway, my only complaint is that I'm pretty far from that nut Kevin was arguing with, but I could easily have an avvy like that. Don't hate on we who love such avatars! A loli avatar doesn't make you a jerk! Wink

Maybe so, but this loli is still in diapers. That's a whole other level of creepiness right there. ::shudder::
Furudanuki

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:31 am Reply with quote
Ai no Kareshi wrote:
What I find really annoying is when this is used the other way around. People post their blind assertions and as soon as you counter them with some real arguments, they get "tired" and "give up on you", effectively framing you as the stubborn ass.

My personal favorite is when you ask for examples and the reply boils down to: "I have no personal knowledge about the subject whatsoever, but I agree with other people who hate it as much as I do because I always agree with them, and ignorance does not infringe on my right to assert my opinions loudly and often." Comrade Squealer would be proud. Rolling Eyes
minakichan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:33 am Reply with quote
Kevin loses on the internet. Everyone knows that you aren't supposed to provoke these people.
maichips

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:44 am Reply with quote
I luff Kevin's eyebrows. Anime smile They remind me of Amarao.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7