• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime News Nina! - 2009-01-28

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
divinemango

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:47 am Reply with quote
It's alright, I think you earn some experience each time you lose. It's a game where you never really die. Laughing
Otaku_X

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:50 am Reply with quote
So, I'm the only one who agreed with the neckbeard (except for the personal attack thing, that being a sign of desperation in a debate)? I I'm the only one who thinks name changes are insulting not only to fans but to the creators? huh.
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:55 am Reply with quote
Otaku_X wrote:
So, I'm the only one who agreed with the neckbeard (except for the personal attack thing, that being a sign of desperation in a debate)? I I'm the only one who thinks name changes are insulting not only to fans but to the creators? huh.

Maybe, though in this case it sounded like the neckbeard was merely assuming it was going to happen, without any evidence. Plus he's apparently stuck on an alternate timeline, because Nina has already been watching plenty of UMD episodes, and his name wasn't Danny. Razz

Unless of course those were imports Nina was viewing, and she understands Japanese, but I never got that impression from the comics. Very Happy
ArthurFrDent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:56 am Reply with quote
Otaku_X, point missed.
Probably. Wink
Love the G/L avatar though...
Emma Iveli

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:03 pm Reply with quote
I have a guy like at on ff.net... We keep getting into arguments on one of the fanfics I write, some times he calm he's a better fan me because he treats characters with "respect", sometimes he hates me sometimes he loves me. He says he a better anime fan than me and can't get his head out of his ass about certain things... it wasn't until I said I wasn't a Pokeshipper (he has a weird hatred against Pokeshippers) then he's now okay with me again... I think I'm going to throw him a bone soon as his last suggestion was an idea was debating whether or not I should do... Then I'm sure he'll relaized I used one of his ideas and try to suggest more things for me and I will never use... I really hate people like that. Rolling Eyes
billyarnie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:07 pm Reply with quote
Kevlar's GL avatar Rocks Too! The definitive quote from neckbeard's mom makes me LOL every time I see it:
Quote:
That's nice. Did you empty the dishwasher, dear?
Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
stuckinfresno

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:07 pm Reply with quote
Lys wrote:
Heehee. I'm not sure how much of a "winner" either of them is. After all, Kevin is the one who took the bait and bothered to try arguing back. And his "otaku" tshirt is just a couple steps above Mr. NeckBeard. I found myself laughing at both of them.

So true. After a similar real world experience I can't help but wonder who was the bigger fool. The guy I was talking too or me for taking the bait. It is an excercise in futility.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:26 pm Reply with quote
Definitely what happens on a forum. You gotta love the avatars. Hahaha!!
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:28 pm Reply with quote
Ah internet trolls, lowest forms of trash ever
R315r4z0r

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:43 pm Reply with quote
I didn't find this one that funny. I do that all the time (not flame, what Kevin did)

It's not about winning an argument on the internet, it's about being able to get other people to know and support your opinion. Regardless if anyone else disagrees with you.

Not to mention it is fun to do so. Why limit yourself from enjoying your stay in a forum thread on the internet?
konkonsn

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:53 pm Reply with quote
R315r4z0r wrote:
I didn't find this one that funny. I do that all the time (not flame, what Kevin did)

It's not about winning an argument on the internet, it's about being able to get other people to know and support your opinion. Regardless if anyone else disagrees with you.

Not to mention it is fun to do so. Why limit yourself from enjoying your stay in a forum thread on the internet?

Agree. If I argue with people like this, it's less about convincing them and more about convincing other people who read the thread. There are people out there who are intelligent enough to think through a good argument if you present it but still in such a stage that some noob's words could influence them if not argued against.

Also, how do you know your own beliefs if you never argue them? I think the noobs of the world are good practice for when you have to get into a really tough debate.

Last edited by konkonsn on Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jadress

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:53 pm Reply with quote
divinemango wrote:
It's alright, I think you earn some experience each time you lose. It's a game where you never really die. Laughing

... Except on the inside...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
fighterholic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:01 pm Reply with quote
konkonsn wrote:
Also, how do you know your own beliefs if you never argue them? I think the noobs of the world are good practice for when you have to get into a really tough debate.

If you think that's something wait until you start arguing with administrators of websites. They are really hard headed because they've been following the rules that they have had laid down for so long, so obviously they are not going to be that open minded about suggestions or stuff to improve the ways that may be wrong.
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:10 pm Reply with quote
Kevin shouldn't argue with that idiot because said idiot had his facts outdated. While it is true that US Anime Zone did take more than a few liberties with the original source material of UMDaisuke, everyone should know by now that in 2005 the license was obtained by WINimation and a new, completely faithful dub was made along with the original sub, all unedited. All the otakus who actually pay attention to news from this decade rejoiced, and proceeded to praise WINimation and support them by buying the DVDs.

Because you see, Kevin never said to support US Anime Zone. The idiot jumped to that conclusion. Kevin won the argument without even actually arguing. He's just that awesome. (besides, he has a Gurren Lagann avatar, so he automatically wins anyway Wink )
animefan1254

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:23 pm Reply with quote
it's people like them why i don't go on anime forums, but this one. i don't think i could handle being on-line debating with these people. also i get more fun talking to my friends and girlfriend on this stuff than going on-line.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7