• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Top Secret Episodes

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Unholy_Nny

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:21 am Reply with quote
Two things:

Firstly, while I found Koi Kaze disturbing, I actually enjoyed it.

Secondly, I can't wait for Devil Survivor. 'Tho I'm pretty sure in Japan it didn't have the "Shin Megami Tensei" in the title. Then again, neither did Persona 3 or Persona 4... But I'm pretty sure Devil Survivor has even less to do with SMT than Persona did.
Unit 03.5-ish

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:18 am Reply with quote
I'm surprised, in the Macross retrospective, there was no mention of Scrambled Valkyrie. Sadly, the only way to play it outside of pricey imports is the ROM, which I have somewhere on my HD. It's pretty clever, and depending on whether you select Rick, Max, or Millia, you have different weapon sets, which are different depending on whether you're in Battloid, Guardian, or Fighter mode. An interesting relic from the bygone days of shooters, it was.

Also, that SRW doesn't look as fun as the KARAZAY Japan-exclusive titles. Where's the tactics/grid screen and the crazy animated super attacks? Sigh.
Generic #757858

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:59 am Reply with quote
Unit 03.5-ish wrote:
Also, that SRW doesn't look as fun as the KARAZAY Japan-exclusive titles. Where's the tactics/grid screen and the crazy animated super attacks? Sigh.

Take heart, this might also mean that OGs and OG Gaiden are on their way for PS2.
edzieba

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:11 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Odds of a Domestic Release: Sure, right after the turd-filled shooter Toilet Kids for the PC Engine, and that one fighting game where every character is construction equipment.
Uh...*
Quote:
Take heart, this might also mean that OGs and OG Gaiden are on their way for PS2.
We can only hope.

*I've actually seen copies of this in supermarket bargin-bins.
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:46 am Reply with quote
Generic #757858 wrote:
Unit 03.5-ish wrote:

I have given up all hope of that happening which is too bad because from what I see OGs is a brilliant remake that improves Axel a lot and Gaiden's new characters where completely awesome and I would love logging into hundreds of hours playing them like I did the GBA games.
sepherest

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:36 am Reply with quote
Unholy_Nny wrote:
Two things:

Secondly, I can't wait for Devil Survivor. 'Tho I'm pretty sure in Japan it didn't have the "Shin Megami Tensei" in the title. Then again, neither did Persona 3 or Persona 4... But I'm pretty sure Devil Survivor has even less to do with SMT than Persona did.

Atlus U.S.A. gives all the Megaten games the "Shin Megami Tensei" at the beginning because they sell it as a market-based title in the U.S. They had tried before with Rvelations: Persona and Revelations: the Demon Slayer, but those games didn't do well so they dropped it.
So the Raidou Kuzunoha games pretty much have the longest videogame titles ever.
TatsuGero23

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:10 am Reply with quote
So happy to see the SRW announcement! So sad when I found out which one it was....

I was hoping for the PS2 versions of the OG saga, not the DS cowboy one....

*sniff*
Unholy_Nny

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:36 am Reply with quote
Sepherest wrote:
Unholy_Nny wrote:
Two things:

Atlus U.S.A. gives all the Megaten games the "Shin Megami Tensei" at the beginning because they sell it as a market-based title in the U.S. They had tried before with Rvelations: Persona and Revelations: the Demon Slayer, but those games didn't do well so they dropped it.
So the Raidou Kuzunoha games pretty much have the longest videogame titles ever.

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Raidō Kuzunoha vs. King Abaddon, ahahaha

I find it odd that this weeks X Button didn't mention it.
videomaster21XX

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:00 pm Reply with quote
You know I was never even aware that some of the Super Robot Wars games ever came over seas to the US.

Do they all have 'Super Robot Wars' in the title?

Pretty much I'm interested in checking them out, but would like to know how I should go about finding which ones are over here.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:16 pm Reply with quote
And just after I finished seeing the last part of Macross Plus on Monday, I see you mention and talk about other Macross games here on X Button. Haha, maybe this a sign I need to go back to finishing the series.

Last edited by belvadeer on Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
B.K.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:31 pm Reply with quote
Since Atlus somehow managed to get Bandai Namco to let of of Endless Frontier, I wish they'd try for Xenosaga I&II next. It's a shame that what looks like it may possibly be the last Monolithsoft game we see in America is their worst one yet.
Monster in a box

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:11 pm Reply with quote
edzieba wrote:
Quote:
Odds of a Domestic Release: Sure, right after the turd-filled shooter Toilet Kids for the PC Engine, and that one fighting game where every character is construction equipment.
Uh...*

That's a European release.
Aresef

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:49 pm Reply with quote
More SRW can only be a good thing.

>_>

<_<

You know, I think some JAM Project is in order.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yal-b8y7xSc
Generic #757858

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:05 pm Reply with quote
videomaster21XX wrote:
You know I was never even aware that some of the Super Robot Wars games ever came over seas to the US.

Do they all have 'Super Robot Wars' in the title?

Pretty much I'm interested in checking them out, but would like to know how I should go about finding which ones are over here.

They changed it to Super Robot Taisen to avoid confusion with Robot Wars. There are two GBA games available, SRT: Original Generation and SRT: Original Generation 2.
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:02 pm Reply with quote
And here I thought Guilty Gear: AC+ would never make it to the states since there wasn't much new in additions for the series. Look forward to buying it for my PS2 this spring. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3