• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime News Nina! - 2009-01-28

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rockman nes

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:49 pm Reply with quote
belvadeer wrote:
Ah internet trolls, lowest forms of trash ever

QFTW
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:46 pm Reply with quote
Thank the Lord this never happens here. much.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:59 pm Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:

I too am glad of that fact as well. Civil agruements and expressing one's viewpoint's maturely is fine, but arguements that consist of nothing but "I am right and your way is completly wrong" often never solves anything. It's like the sub vs. dub arguement, there is no one way to enjoy anime, but not everyone agrees with that.

Robin is quite talented, most of her comics I can relate to, in some way or form. Except for when she took Myoopi to the doctor, but that is pretty explantory why.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:55 pm Reply with quote
Jadress wrote:
divinemango wrote:
It's alright, I think you earn some experience each time you lose. It's a game where you never really die. Laughing

... Except on the inside...

Especially when you wonder why you wasted that portion of your life arguing with such a clown and then get angry demanding the Gods give you back those precious 10 minutes of your life...... Anime catgrin + sweatdrop This week though reminds me of the craze some get and the joy when they're TEH FIRST to post on a subject. Crazy people. Wonder how Nina would have reacted in this week's strip though?
FaytLein

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:30 pm Reply with quote
Why do I get the feeling that scenes like this happen pretty much everyday? And I thought we were moving away from the basement dwelling stereotype for anime fans, as hilarious as the sight of them are. But as long as those people still exist, so does the stigma.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:35 pm Reply with quote
FaytLein wrote:
Why do I get the feeling that scenes like this happen pretty much everyday? And I thought we were moving away from the basement dwelling stereotype for anime fans, as hilarious as the sight of them are. But as long as those people still exist, so does the stigma.

Um, yeah. If you're on here everyday and communicating with those types of people, then it is indeed happening everyday. It's even funnier when I find one guy on Youtube challenging me to a FPS because he didn't like the comment I made about Chris Crocker. Why in the world am I obligated to accept your pathetic challenge in the first place. It is a pity that indeed these people still do exist.
Quark

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:33 pm Reply with quote
If I only had a nickle for the number of times I've felt like this on an online forum, man oh man, I'd have me a nice sack of nickles.
I love how it's always the illiterate morons talking out their butt who continually insist on being right, even when there's glaring evidence that they are not, in fact, right.
It's not just anime fans, either. I was reading reviews for a movie, and under the comments for the review, found some guy who claimed the critic didn't know anywhere near as much about film making as he did, (even though the critic has been reviewing movies for 20-some years)and then demanded that the critic re-write his review to better suit his opinion. Of course, there were typos and spelling errors galore.
Long live the Internet.
bleuster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:45 pm Reply with quote
Is that girl with her tush up on the big guy's avatar Chiyo-chan?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
heavyweather

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:19 pm Reply with quote
bleuster wrote:
Is that girl with her tush up on the big guy's avatar Chiyo-chan?

That's what I thought. If so, that makes our neckbearded basement dweller more creepy than i had initially thought.

doctordoom85 wrote:
Kevin shouldn't argue with that idiot because said idiot had his facts outdated. While it is true that US Anime Zone did take more than a few liberties with the original source material of UMDaisuke, everyone should know by now that in 2005 the license was obtained by WINimation and a new, completely faithful dub was made along with the original sub, all unedited. All the otakus who actually pay attention to news from this decade rejoiced, and proceeded to praise WINimation and support them by buying the DVDs.

Really? I thought that it was AME that picked it up and released it uncut and redubed. Either way, it's good to know that it's out there.
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:56 pm Reply with quote
this is why 4chan and 2chan exists Very Happy
fokkusuhaundo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:03 am Reply with quote
There are too many forums out there with minimum rules and little to no mod regulation, where almost every thread degrades into endless flame wars. I'll occasionally visit some of these forums for a quick laugh. I'm sure it's just as fun for some to properly argue in response to these people and point out their glaring fallacies as it is for those people to needlessly troll.

Mohawk52 wrote:

YES, thank the Lord for ANN's forum rules and active moderators.
Cait

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:19 am Reply with quote
heavyweather wrote:

doctordoom85 wrote:
Kevin shouldn't argue with that idiot because said idiot had his facts outdated. While it is true that US Anime Zone did take more than a few liberties with the original source material of UMDaisuke, everyone should know by now that in 2005 the license was obtained by WINimation and a new, completely faithful dub was made along with the original sub, all unedited. All the otakus who actually pay attention to news from this decade rejoiced, and proceeded to praise WINimation and support them by buying the DVDs.

Really? I thought that it was AME that picked it up and released it uncut and redubed. Either way, it's good to know that it's out there.

Well, to be more exact, AME had acquired the license to UMD, but due to some unfortunate business issues (I hear rumor that the CEO of AME's then partner company, Shihtzu, knee-capped the AME prez and they had a falling out; something about how the AME prez said some things about the Shihtzu CEO's mom) AME lossed the licensing rights to it, and a number of other titles. WINi just happened to be in the neighborhood when the supposed knee-capping occurred and snatched UMD up in a mad power play. Let's just hope that WINi makes good on their promise and actually release the last 32 volumes of UMD individually like AME did with the first 5, so as not to piss off the 26 fans who had started collecting them before the license exchanged hands...
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:23 am Reply with quote
Cait wrote:

Well, to be more exact, AME had acquired the license to UMD, but due to some unfortunate business issues (I hear rumor that the CEO of AME's then partner company, Shihtzu, knee-capped the AME prez and they had a falling out) AME lossed the licensing rights to it, and a number of other titles. WINi just happened to be in the neighborhood when the supposed knee-capping occurred and snatched UMD up in a mad power play. Let's just hope that WINi makes good on their promise and actually release the last 32 volumes of UMD individually like AME did with the first 5, so as not to piss off the 26 fans who had started collecting them before the license exchanged hands...

Are you guys seriously not sick of this yet
Cait

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:31 am Reply with quote
Zac wrote:

Are you guys seriously not sick of this yet

Well, I don't know about anyone else, but I just got here. One joke to blow off the steam of being only halfway through my sixty hour work week isn't too much to ask, is it?
VE4NIX

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:32 am Reply with quote
Ha-ha "mouth-breathing", only learned through long hours spent on teh internet, with the help of massive caffeine combined with high-fructose corn syrup at hand for continual ingestion.

Truly this one can go to bed a happy person.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7