• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Lucky Star Live Concert at Renowned Budōkan Arena

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fighterholic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:45 am Reply with quote
I'd like the CD for that concert Wink That is something that they can take Lucky Star to the Budokan. Aya Endo won't be there, but I would imagine that they are going to find someone to replace her as the voice of Miyuki for the event.
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:54 am Reply with quote
Quote:
The Budōkan is world-famous for hosting large-scale events such as the Beatles' Japanese debut and the Cheap Trick concert that provided the hit live recording of "I Want You to Want Me." Yukari Tamura, Hekiru Shiina, and Nana Mizuki are among the few voice actreses to have performed solo concerts at the arena.

ehh....what ever happened to the Macross Frontier Final Galaxy Tour concert that happened not too long ago there? May'n, Megumi Nakajima, and Yoko Kanno FTW!
Anyways, I could care less for Lucky Star. All I've seen this doing lately is copying stuff from Macross Frontier. First the Konata CD, then the references in the OVA by playing on the Aya Endo seiyuu role as Miyuki and Sheryl, and now this...
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:08 pm Reply with quote
ahem let me get this out. MINORIN!!!

Now besides that well ok. I mean I hope aya's live performances are better then the haruhi one but I'm not a big fan of any of the other seiyuu or anything.
Crystal

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:17 pm Reply with quote
I'm guessing this is gonna be like Suzumiya Haruhi no Gekisou and that School Rumble one.

I kinda wish I could go to one of these, because they do look like a hell of a lot of fun (and 'cause I don't go to a lot of concerts).

I actually bought Konata's character CD about a year ago when I knew pretty much NOTHING about Lucky Star and it was just recommended by a friend (only to become bitter later when I found out that the DVD would include the same CD).

I wonder if Hirano can sing in Konata's voice live. I'm still imaging what a concert version of "Dondake Fanfare" will be like since it's a pretty insane song (but in a good way). I'm already imagining a live version of the equally crazy "It's Time for the Fight Forecast".

Now that I think about it, they're probably gonna LIP-SYNC to "Motteke Sailor Fuku." Anime hyper
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:31 pm Reply with quote
Just like they did hare hare yukai. I'm pretty sure it's going to go the same way as the haruhi concert with lots of fanboy screaming "we love you aya chan" of course.
Crystal

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:44 pm Reply with quote
I'm actually pretty disappointed Aya Endo isn't part of it. I actually wonder if they even CAN do "Motteke Sailor Fuku" in that case. I guess she's not much of a singer ('cause she doesn't sing as Sheryl in Macross F) but she did sing Miyuki's image song. I would think it would make more sense if one of the supporting characters didn't show up. Bit of a shame, really.
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:50 pm Reply with quote
Aya hirano didn't sing for reira in NANA either and when she did sing in haruhi we found out that without the studio tools she wasn't the very greatest either but her fans wanted to see her so I think in aya endo's case it might be a personal problem keeping her from coming.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:00 pm Reply with quote
Is this the same arena that featured in the OVA by any chance?

If they release a DVD I'll probably get it like I got the Haruhi concert DVD. I'd love to see Aya singing as Konata (I'm still annoyed there was no booth footage of the ED karaoke on the DVDs)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
JELEINEN

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:43 pm Reply with quote
"I want you to want Lucky."

What? Someone had to make the joke.
houkoholic

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:19 am Reply with quote
Kit-Tsukasa wrote:
Quote:
The Budōkan is world-famous for hosting large-scale events such as the Beatles' Japanese debut and the Cheap Trick concert that provided the hit live recording of "I Want You to Want Me." Yukari Tamura, Hekiru Shiina, and Nana Mizuki are among the few voice actreses to have performed solo concerts at the arena.

ehh....what ever happened to the Macross Frontier Final Galaxy Tour concert that happened not too long ago there? May'n, Megumi Nakajima, and Yoko Kanno FTW!
Anyways, I could care less for Lucky Star. All I've seen this doing lately is copying stuff from Macross Frontier. First the Konata CD, then the references in the OVA by playing on the Aya Endo seiyuu role as Miyuki and Sheryl, and now this...

"Solo concerts" being the key term here. It is a fact that only the 3 afore mentioned seiyuu had ever conducted a solo (one person) concert in Budoukan in anisong/seiyuu history. The Macross Frontier concert is not a solo concert by the definition of the term.

Also comedy anime had been playing references to seiyuu doing famous roles for different anime for a long time, more so now with works that thrives on making jokes out of otaku topics (if you want to see a lot of the similiar seiyuu references, look at works like Hayate no Gotoku), Lucky Star/Endo Aya connection is far from being the first.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1