• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yen Press Adds Spice and Wolf, Yotsuba&!, Crescent Moon Story

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
edzieba

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:05 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Yotsuba&!
YESSSSSSS
Quote:
Spice and Wolf
Novel or manga?
Cait

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:06 pm Reply with quote
Is Yen planning to rerelease the first 5 volumes of Yotsuba&!, though? I really want to get my hands on the later volumes as quickly as possible, considering we've been waiting so long for them already.
murph76

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:06 pm Reply with quote
Yay! New life for Yotsuba&! I wonder if Yen Press will release Vol. 6 before rereleasing Vols. 1 to 5? Anyhow, I'm glad I'll be able to continue collecting the series; it's one of my favorites.

I enjoyed the Spice and Wolf anime, I'll have to see what the manga's like.
melonbread

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:10 pm Reply with quote
Yotsuba&! wooooo : )
UtenaAnthy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:23 pm Reply with quote
Wonderful news. I'm really glad that Yotsuba&! will finally continue being released. Ideally they will release Vol. 6 and Vol. 1 at the same time and then maybe release Vol. 2 and Vol. 7 and so on, what's needed is to get new volumes out for those who already have 1-5 while also getting the old ones back in print so those who didn't pick them up the first time, are missing volumes, or are newly discovering the series can get them.
Shii

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:29 pm Reply with quote
Meanwhile, deep in the bowels of ADV, a lone intern with a candle, quill pen, and kanji dictionary continues to work on Yotsuba&! volume 6, one letter at a time.
Brand

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:35 pm Reply with quote
I am excited about the news for Yotsuba&!, I was wondering if it was ever going to see the light of day again. I hope they will release fast to get caught up from where ADV left off. Though this seems like more bad news for ADV.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
GATSU

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:41 pm Reply with quote
I just want to finish Cromartie. ;-;
edzieba

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:42 pm Reply with quote
Shii wrote:
Meanwhile, deep in the bowels of ADV, a lone intern with a candle, quill pen, and kanji dictionary continues to work on Yotsuba&! volume 6, one letter at a time.
His toil is long and ardous. He must work only on parchment he has pressed himself. He must burn every page upon completion. He may never see the light of day.
Richard J.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:46 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if they will restart from the beginning or just start from where ADV left off. Either way, looks like this might be the right time to start on this series.

Yen Press is really hitting all the right notes in my mind.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:47 pm Reply with quote
Does this mean that another ADV Manga titles are now dead meat and unliscensed? Because I'm a huge fan of the Gunslinger Girl manga and I've suspected that to be the case for a while now with ADV's troubles and the fact the manga has been stalled at volume 6 for way too long.

Yen Press would be my hero if they picked that one up next. While they're at it how about the Hiroyuki Morioka, Seikai Novels from Tokyopop who doesn't seem to have any further interest in releasing them. Mad *crosses fingers*

Their aquisition of the Spice and Wolf novels or maga (whichever that is Confused ) is really good news.

Last edited by Kruszer on Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
GATSU

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:51 pm Reply with quote
Man, I can't wait for the ADV-haters to find out that Yotsuba bombs like Aria and Tactics. Rolling Eyes
PingSoni
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:56 pm Reply with quote
I was already loving Yen Press for many reasons, and am very happy they have picked up Yotsuba&! I've been reading volumes 6, 7 & 8 in Japanese, but still want the translated versions.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:11 pm Reply with quote
Wow, I wonder how many years its been since volume 6 of Yotsuba came out? I found Yotsuba hilarious and entertaining. I wonder if Yen Press is going to continue where ADV left off or start from volume one.

Although this does make me feel sad that ADV is going through tough times. Out of currosity though, does this mean ADV manga is now completely non operational?

Fans of Yotsuba and Spice and Wolf will be quite happy. I know I am (like many others I am sure).

Edit: Okay, it's only been one year since ADV manga published volume six. But two years went by after volume three was published though.
Fronzel

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:15 pm Reply with quote
Burn in hell, ADV Manga!

So, does Yen Press therfore aquire ADV's translations for the first five volumes, or do they need to re-do that work themselves?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7