• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New xxxHOLiC, Tsubasa DVD Trailers Posted

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pparker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:22 pm Reply with quote
Wow, nice. I'm surprised at the quality of the trailers, and bodes well for the films' animation quality. Both look better than the last incarnations, especially the Tsubasa film. The world needs more Yuuko!
b4k4ni04

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:07 pm Reply with quote
*holds back the fanboi*

Amazing stuff. (can't believe these series are quickly coming to their respective ends....).

*loses his grip on the fanboi*
*fanboi goes to rabidly refresh his orders on amazon.co.jp*
*cough* .. ehe << >> <<; ^^;. *tosses the fanboi back in his cage*.

The visible difference in quality between the Anime versus these OAD's really shows the effort and dedication put into the production.
SongstressCela

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:17 pm Reply with quote
Absolutely gorgeous. They've always been stellar series, but these just look incredible. ^^
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime
Kruszer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:21 pm Reply with quote
Awesome news. I wasn't aware they planned to continue their franchises at all, so Kruszer is a happy camper. (Especially considering the awesomeness that was the Tokyo Revelations OVA. Hopefully there are at least as good.) Both franchises are pretty good.

Last edited by Kruszer on Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
pparker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:22 pm Reply with quote
SongstressCela wrote:
Absolutely gorgeous. They've always been stellar series, but these just look incredible. ^^

Taking a break from WW I, eh? The gunpowder was starting to make me nauseous, and it sticks in your clothes if you're not careful Smile
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:29 pm Reply with quote
Definitely great-looking, this is a much better handling of the manga than the regular anime series.

That being said, I've heard this one will be skipping two arcs after the Tokyo Revelations arc, so those who don't read the manga are missing out. (note: only talking about Tsubasa here, I've only read the first xxxHolic volume)
SongstressCela

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:33 pm Reply with quote
pparker wrote:
SongstressCela wrote:

Taking a break from WW I, eh? The gunpowder was starting to make me nauseous, and it sticks in your clothes if you're not careful Smile

Something like that. xD
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime
pparker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:34 pm Reply with quote
doctordoom85 wrote:
That being said, I've heard this one will be skipping two arcs after the Tokyo Revelations arc, so those who don't read the manga are missing out. (note: only talking about Tsubasa here, I've only read the first xxxHolic volume)

Are there significant plot points missing that are necessary to understand it, then? I haven't bought the manga yet, as I rarely buy manga at all, but would put it on the buy list if necessary. I'm a big fan of both these shows.
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:59 pm Reply with quote
pparker wrote:
doctordoom85 wrote:

Are there significant plot points missing that are necessary to understand it, then? I haven't bought the manga yet, as I rarely buy manga at all, but would put it on the buy list if necessary. I'm a big fan of both these shows.

Yes, after Tokyo Revelations, skipping story arcs is NOT a good idea, as it'll remove a lot of plot/charcter development and probably create some plot holes. Not to mention the regular anime series lacked the Tsubasa/xxxHolic crossover elements from the manga, which become more important later on in the story.
pparker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:12 pm Reply with quote
doctordoom85 wrote:
Yes, after Tokyo Revelations, skipping story arcs is NOT a good idea, as it'll remove a lot of plot/charcter development and probably create some plot holes. Not to mention the regular anime series lacked the Tsubasa/xxxHolic crossover elements from the manga, which become more important later on in the story.

Well, that seals it then. I was already irritated that the crossover stuff didn't make it into the animes, so I guess I'm forced to expand my horizons, and spending, to become a manga reader. Thanks for the info.
Chicken008

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:12 pm Reply with quote
Looks like it will have the crossovers that xxxHOLiC-Kei lacked. Smile
Kelly

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:13 pm Reply with quote
So they're skipping Infinity? That sort of seems surprising, considering the high drama - not to mention it's going to be sort of hard to sweep what happened at the end of the arc under the rug. Wonder how they're going to address it if it isn't animated. It would be a shame for the story to be rushed just as it's getting so good in the English release of the manga, unless they're planning to completely whitewash what happened in Infinity and is happening in the current arc.

Oh well, not going to think about it too much now. Still waiting for Region 1 Tokyo news.
kumu

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:14 pm Reply with quote
Oh Gawd ima cry and die happy now. Razz
Nightmaresag

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:15 pm Reply with quote
Wish they will somehow add the crossover as somewhat of a flashback before then..... Very Happy I really like both of these shows......
jonaht

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:37 pm Reply with quote
there is a hidden spoiler picture in the 'tsubasa special' page.
look hard, and you'll find it.

I don't know whether it is intentional or just coincidence. >.<
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2