• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Astro Toy with Rob Bricken: Fraulein Revoltech Yoko

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArthurFrDent

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:29 pm Reply with quote
what? don't you think Yoko could kick krauser's a$$? she could kill 'em with the ponytail alone! have some faith, man... Wink
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:40 pm Reply with quote
C'mon, Krauser is a pushover in the inside.
Besides, Yoko is the bigger. Laughing
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:48 pm Reply with quote
Yoko's not metal enough to handle him Razz

I think you've pretty much done what you need to do when you're not filled with bile--find another way to express your sense of humor, et al.

I also think Yoko needs a 3rd face--one that makes look like less of a doofus,
sdhd

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:25 pm Reply with quote
I would pay $30 for Yoko. She is cute .

Last edited by sdhd on Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:47 pm; edited 3 times in total
DemonEyesLeo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:26 pm Reply with quote
Git 'er Krauser-san!!! Give her a taste of Death Metal (I doubt she'll be able to go back to that pop/rock stuff) \m/\m/
dtm42

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:09 pm Reply with quote
Rob wrote:
Her breasts are non-squishy, sorry to disappoint the perverts.

You mean you tried? I suppose you are not a pervert yourself, but working tirelessly in the name of Science? Yeah, that must be it.
poisondusk

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:28 pm Reply with quote
The picture at the end is awesome.

I own this figure, and I like her a lot, although she's not perfect. I'm not really fond of any of the Fraulein series faces - they tend to look all round and baby-ish, even for a female anime character. I don't like the joints as much as Figma, either (her knee joints aren't great). She is nice, though, and for anyone not wanting to get one of the more expensive PVC figures of her, she's a decent figure. I tend to prefer action figures because I love putting them in different poses.

I heard the MMS Yoko action figure has squishy breasts.
The Ramblin' Wreck

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:53 pm Reply with quote
I'm fairly certain that Yoko can handle herself against a folk singer in a death metal band.
Zipper

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:23 pm Reply with quote
Damn, look at that ass. It looks...messed up!

That's why I dislike figures with joints.
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:57 pm Reply with quote
I love that last picture, I have a strong urge to make it into some sort of random motivational poster...
Elves

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:06 pm Reply with quote
Rob Bricken wrote:
I really think I'm going to have to start looking specifically for terrible toys, and just make “Astro Toy” a 1,000-word bitch session. Based on the comments, that's what you folks want; and based in the fact that my writer's block shows up almost exclusively when I get a toy I enjoy, obviously, it's what I subconsciously want, too.

lol. Your writing is...how do we say..."entertaining" when you're bitching to say the least. Very Happy Nah, I like all the columns regardless. I'm a regular and, as I keep saying, I read the column, but I have absolutely no interest in buying the toys. So kudos to the writer! (A.k.a. "you").
Also, don't forget the pictures; they're just as integral to the column! (Just like the last one from this week! Twisted Evil Hehe.)

Oh, and make sure to get yourself some nice toys once in a while if you do start to have a tendency to go for the "ugly" toys. We want you happy man! Plus, if you ever do a contest/giveaway cause you're shelves are full beyond capacity we want something nice too! Wink lol
Beryl7

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:01 pm Reply with quote
Great column and accompanying photos, as always.
konkonsn

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:16 pm Reply with quote
You're kidding. You didn't spend the $80+ for Kamina. Shame on you. Razz

I do like Yoko, and I'm glad there are many choices for her. I just wish the figure market had a little more variety.

And w00t! My Lancelot is together and looking good. Needs painting, though...
Emerje

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:30 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
First, Revoltechs are made by Organic Hobby, and Frauleins are made by Kaiyodo. I have no idea why.

Kaiyodo is the manufacturer and Organic is the distributor. Some shops get confused because if they're importing from Japan they say Kaiyodo, but if they're ordering through Diamond they say Organic Hobby.

Joe Mello wrote:
I also think Yoko needs a 3rd face--one that makes look like less of a doofus,

The open mouth face among the two is my favorite, but the one shot he used has the glasses on so it obscures the angry eye details. BUUUUUT, there's a new "movie" version coming soon that features two new heads (open mouth smile and winking angry) along with new guns, untied hair, and other stuff. No idea when that version is being released, probably in May after the Mikuru Asahina figure is released in April.

poisondusk wrote:
I heard the MMS Yoko action figure has squishy breasts.

I have one and it does, but the figure is lanky and full of peg holes on the back - that aren't shown in pics - in order to make it compatible with MMS armor for whatever reason. Not a good trade off. Rolling Eyes

One thing that wasn't said in the article that's worth mentioning: If you were turned off by early Fraulein figures because they had a tendency to fall apart in your hands (but not break) then you'll be happy to know that by this point they've fixed basically all of the major problems with E.L.F. joint system. No more shoulders popping out of the joint because the Revolver joint pegs are too short or the upper body separating the back from the front. Later figures even rework the knees.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Dark Elf Warrior

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:51 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Krauser! Go away! We don't need you anymore! Stay away from her, you demon! Oh no! He's — he's going to— that's horrible! You death metal monster! Stop the column! STOP THE COLUMN!

Funny! Laughing You should do more of that! I especially like that last picture, Krauser looks like he's chasing after Yoko! Laughing And yes, Krauser does look like a demon, doesn't he? Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2