• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Blue Dragon Plus Give-Away - Win it before you can buy it!

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:12 pm Reply with quote
I take it this game and its associated TV series are to be considered completely distinct from the oriental food company bearing the same name.

There's no point in me entering this, but it's nice to see contests on ANN every now and again I suppose.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mistypearl

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:21 pm Reply with quote
Does anyone know if there are alot of subscribers to ANN? Because this could potentially be an easy win for a subscriber considering the statistics, I guess even more of a reason to be a subscriber ;D
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:48 pm Reply with quote
I can always use a free Nintendo DS game. I doubt it I will win at all, but I took a chance anyways and entered.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:14 pm Reply with quote
I have a 1/100000 chances of winning, but because I know ANN isn't trying to rip me off (yes I am talking about something specific), I entered.

Again though, there is probably over a trillion people registered here, I really doubt I'll win.
WindAlchemistJen

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:15 pm Reply with quote
Entered. The odds of winning are probably astronomical, but you never know.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:48 pm Reply with quote
Mistypearl wrote:
Does anyone know if there are alot of subscribers to ANN? Because this could potentially be an easy win for a subscriber considering the statistics, I guess even more of a reason to be a subscriber ;D

I'm not going to announce the number of subscribers just yet, but I will say that the odds of winning as a subscriber are significantly better.

-t
Unit 03.5-ish

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:45 pm Reply with quote
Seriously, I'd rather a competition for a box set from the publisher of your choice or a $200 shopping spree on Amazon...eh, I guess it's anime-related enough, though the Blue Dragon anime sounds HORRENDOUS. Not even one of those so-bad-it's-good deals.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:03 pm Reply with quote
Unit 03.5-ish wrote:
Seriously, I'd rather a competition for a box set from the publisher of your choice or a $200 shopping spree on Amazon...eh, I guess it's anime-related enough, though the Blue Dragon anime sounds HORRENDOUS. Not even one of those so-bad-it's-good deals.

That is why, if I do win, I am going to sell my copy as soon as possible. I took a look at the actual amount of memebers we have and needless to say, the chance of actually win is quite slim. But I am doing this just for fun.

Also, if shipping is free, then it's a good deal all around. Although the chances of subcriber getting a copy is better, there is a still apresumsibly more subcriber's.
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:22 pm Reply with quote
Unit 03.5-ish wrote:

Dude, complaining about giveaways is so lame. If you're not interested, don't enter. Yeesh.
BellosTheMighty

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:25 pm Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
Unit 03.5-ish wrote:

Dude, complaining about giveaways is so lame. If you're not interested, don't enter. Yeesh.

It's psychology, dude. He's complaining so as to dissuade people from entering, thereby increasing his own chances of winning. Nice strategy, actually. Wish I'd thought of it.
Unit 03.5-ish

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:33 pm Reply with quote
BellosTheMighty wrote:
Zac wrote:
Unit 03.5-ish wrote:

It's psychology, dude. He's complaining so as to dissuade people from entering, thereby increasing his own chances of winning. Nice strategy, actually. Wish I'd thought of it.

Curses, you caught onto my scheme! Surprised
Showsni

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:28 am Reply with quote
I'd enter, but I don't know anyone living in the US who can pick the prize up and mail it on to me. Which is a shame, as I'm generally pretty good at prize draws.
sdhd

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:00 pm Reply with quote
Sweet!

Last edited by sdhd on Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Tenchi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:16 pm Reply with quote
I've never bothered watching the anime, but I enjoyed the XBox 360 Blue Dragon game as a nice, nothing-too-mindblowing, modernized "old school" JRPG with cute graphics, and I have a Nintendo DS, so I've entered the contest on the cheapskate moocher non-subscriber side of things.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sa-chan66

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:34 pm Reply with quote
Whoops, nevermind. Anime smallmouth;;

<3 I love ANN and I always try to enter contests...but have never won anything before. My fingers are crossed! I love the DS and it's games.

Good luck everyone!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2