• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Anno's Evangelion 2.0 Film Slated for June 27 in Japan

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:19 am Reply with quote
I hope they don't name the last on You will [not] be satisfied with this end.
CoolyChaN

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:50 am Reply with quote
How long does it takes for funimation to release it on dvd? Mad I can't wait to watch 2.0 Very Happy
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:51 am Reply with quote
CoolyChaN wrote:
How long does it takes for funimation to release it on dvd? Mad I can't wait to watch 2.0 Very Happy

It took them over a year to license the first one, and it will take another year for them to get it out on just DVD.
Kaioshin_Sama

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:29 am Reply with quote
Another 100,000 copies about to be sold for Gainax
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:48 am Reply with quote
Kaioshin_Sama wrote:

One of the directors of Gainax had said that they make anime that people want to buy, which should reminds people that this is a business after all, not a charity. If we don't want to buy shitty show x, then so be it, we'd rather save our money for the few really high quality things that get put out. Then again, the age of the internet, fast speeds, and torrents nearly negates anything. You can download DVDrips of anything these days more or less any without fear. Though I suppose this is where being a purist or "true fan" comes in when you still want to support what you see.
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:01 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Then again, the age of the internet, fast speeds, and torrents nearly negates anything. You can download DVDrips of anything these days more or less any without fear. Though I suppose this is where being a purist or "true fan" comes in when you still want to support what you see.

How many times have you said this exact same thing at this point?

Seriously - you've made this expressed this same basic sentiment, in one way or another, countless times. It's always the same thing, just slightly rephrased. Your name always shows up, and it's always something like this.

I'm wondering if you're keeping count. Are you keeping count? Is there some subtlety in your comments that I'm not seeing?

Will there ever be a point where I can see a post by walw6pK4Alo and not just assume it's some variation on "i can so i will" or "people can so they will"?
Sakagami Tomoyo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:20 am Reply with quote
zanarkand princess wrote:
I could swear that EoE is out of print. I might be wrong though.

EoE is definitely out of print. In R1 and R4 at least; not sure about other regions.
mulrich

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:31 am Reply with quote
Sakagami Tomoyo wrote:

EoE is definitely out of print. In R1 and R4 at least; not sure about other regions.

Mine's R2E, but I bought it three years ago, so I really don't know if it's out of print. I downloaded Zhentarim DivX's renewal R2J DVD rip of it anyway because Manga Entertainment's "quality" DVD leaves something to be desired.

(DivX is misleading since it's encoded in H.264, thankfully.)
_Earthwyrm_

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:06 am Reply with quote
Sakagami Tomoyo wrote:

I think that it's out of print in R2 UK too, though still very easy to find.
Unit 03.5-ish

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:02 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Kaioshin_Sama wrote:

One of the directors of Gainax had said that they make anime that people want to buy, which should reminds people that this is a business after all, not a charity. If we don't want to buy shitty show x, then so be it, we'd rather save our money for the few really high quality things that get put out. Then again, the age of the internet, fast speeds, and torrents nearly negates anything. You can download DVDrips of anything these days more or less any without fear. Though I suppose this is where being a purist or "true fan" comes in when you still want to support what you see.

I think the phrase "try before you buy" should become "justify instead of buy". But what Zac said 2x
Labbes

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:03 am Reply with quote
I really don't see where the problem with a little re-cutting is, as long as they don't do another re-release on DVD. And even then, who cares? I doubt the changes warrant a double-dip.
Also, some time ago, it was common* practice for authors to rewrite their works every time they were re-issued. I know Tolkien did this, and I also recall some German authors. So what?
I'm happy to see the movie and I even consider importing the HK version which has subtitles (hooray!).

*as in "not everyone did it, but everyone knew there were people who did it"
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:04 am Reply with quote
Earth_Wyrm wrote:
I think that it's out of print in R2 UK too, though still very easy to find.

Very easy? I lost a couple of epic ebay battles before I finally got my hands on a copy.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
edzieba

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:31 am Reply with quote
Quote:
BD
Yessssssssss. It's about damn time.

Bitching about playing the incremental numbering joke for all it's work is just silly. You suffix your film's name with 1.0, why not increment this with each re-release? It's better than Super Deluxe Directors Ultimate Platinum Edition.
mulrich

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:34 am Reply with quote
Evangelion 3.14159: YOU ARE (NOT) RATIONAL

Evangelion 3.14159: THE PIE IS (NOT) A LIE

Evangelion √(-1) would be in the imaginary world during Instrumentality, wouldn't it? Very Happy
Unit 03.5-ish

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:08 pm Reply with quote
edzieba wrote:
Quote:
BD
Yessssssssss. It's about damn time.

Bitching about playing the incremental numbering joke for all it's work is just silly. You suffix your film's name with 1.0, why not increment this with each re-release? It's better than Super Deluxe Directors Ultimate Platinum Edition.

Quiet, or Capcom will hear you and release Street Fighter IV Super Mega Perfect Finest Ultimate Definitive Champion Hyper Gold EX Special Final I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Edition
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5